Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods issue

Options
  • 24-01-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

This is VERY long.

I have been a customer with Littlewoods for over 4 years. Last summer my matrass was getting very uncomfortable, I decided to get a new one but didnt have the money. So i emailed littlewoods and asked them to decrease my credit limit so i could pay away what i owed and explained that it was so i could buy a matrass in the Jan sales.They said that was grand and as i paid more off they decreased my limit as i went along.

So fast forward to Dec 2012 I ordered a matrass from littlewoods after which I contacted littlewoods and asked for the increase and was told i would have to fill out a form to do it and that it would have to go to their credit limit team to see would i qualify for the increase.I had never been told this and said that i had an agreement with them that i was decreasing my limit so i could get this item and i heard nothing back from them.

So after days of no reply i emailed them and told them to leave it that i didnt want the matrass from them and that i wasnt impressed that they went back on our agreement (ive emails to prove the agreement)
    and that i was paying them off and i wanted my account closed.

I was emailed back and told the order wouldnt go through because my limit wasnt increased and my account couldnt be closed until i paid off my acc (whichs about 90e)

Roll on Jan 15th 2013- I am on my honeymoon and get a call from a company called DHL saying they have a matrass and could they deliver it,
    I explained the situation to the person and they said fine they wouldnt call me again. An HOUR later the same comany called asking to deliver the item. I got a bit peeved and said that item never went through and not to call me about it again.

So Monday gone (21st Jan) I get a call at 8pm from ARGOS-saying they have a matrass from Littlewoods for me, they knew my name and they quoted my littlewoods account number, I explained to them what I had told DHL the week before.

Then the next day at 10am DHL called me AGAIN about the matrass.
    At this stage i was furious and went online where I saw my my Credit limit had been put up to 400e without me being told and the order had gone through AFTER it was cancelled , the orginal "Cancelled order" was "in process" and I was being charged interest on an item that wasnt supposed to have gone through.

I called Littlewoods where i was informed that i hadnt said i didnt want the matrass and it was never cancelled (I have emails to prove i said i didnt want it- and emails from them confirming this). They also lied through their teeth and claimed that they didnt deal with Argos and that their merchindise would never be given to Argos for customers- Yet Argos were able to quote my account number ??

I told Littlewoods to take that matrass off my account by the next day
    or I would be lodging a complaint. I was told it would be removed.

They then had the cheek to email me and say if i want the order to be cancelled i have to allow it to be delivered and then send it back- AT MY OWN EXPENSE!!!

I am shaking with rage-I am being charged interest on an item that i was told didnt go through and Littlewoods are taking the piss outta me.What can I do here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

When you buy an item on-line, by phone or catalogue you are given a "'cooling off; period of at least seven working days starting from the date you received your purchase. Before the end of the seven days you must decide if you want to keep the goods, or cancel the order and return the goods and get a refund.

During this cooling off period you don't have to give a reason for returning the goods. But remember, if you cancel in this way rather than returning faulty goods, you may have to pay for the cost of returning the item.

The 7 working days can be extended to a maximum of three months if the seller fails to give you the information required under Distance Selling Rules.

http://www.nca.ie/nca/shopping-from-home

Can't you can you not just refuse the item on delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

First thing to do is reject delivery of the mattress.

Then write a registered letter to Littlewoods asking them to acknowledge that you cancelled the order, and to remove the order & associated interest from your account. Inform them that you will lodge a complaint with the Central Bank of Ireland. (Littlewoods offers a credit facility, this is regulated by the Central Bank)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

dudara wrote: »

Then write a registered letter to Littlewoods asking them to acknowledge that you cancelled the order, and to remove the order & associated interest from your account. Inform them that you will lodge a complaint with the Central Bank of Ireland. (Littlewoods offers a credit facility, this is regulated by the Central Bank)

wont it look odd if they call and say "we have a matrass to deliver and i say ok" and then reject it at the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No. When they call, tell the courier you are refusing delivery as the item was never ordered by you.

wont it look odd if they call and say "we have a matrass to deliver and i say ok" and then reject it at the door

Alternatively, tell them over the phone that you did not order it, and you are rejecting delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Strange coincidence, I was getting calls about Littlewoods wanting to deliver a mattress to me. I never dealt with them so told them it was a wrong number. They regularly call me asking for someone with the initials KB.

Is that you by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Strange coincidence, I was getting calls about Littlewoods wanting to deliver a mattress to me. I never dealt with them so told them it was a wrong number. They regularly call me asking for someone with the initials KB.

Is that you by any chance?

nope KB is not my initials

no more calls about delivery but littlewoods still wont remove it from my acc. is there anyone i can complin to???

nope KB is not my initials

no more calls about delivery but littlewoods still wont remove it from my acc. is there anyone i can complin to???

As I said above, write a registered letter to Littlewoods, telling them to rectify it, or else you will complain to the Central Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

dudara wrote: »

The Centralbank of Ireland do not accept complaints from consumers. The OP would have to go through "Littlewoods" own complaint procedure and if they were not satisfied at this stage lodge a complaint with the Financial Services Ombudsman.

The OP can lodge an official complaint with "Littlewoods" by letter or verbally.

Advertisement