Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUEENSRYCHE - The Academy - Fri. 19th April

Options
  • 24-01-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭

Awesome, awesome , awesome news ....

DME Presents

QUEENSRYCHE
    www.queensrycheofficial.com
    www.facebook.com/QueensrycheOfficial

Return To History Show Featuring Only Tracks Up to 'Empire'

Plus Guests

Fri. 19th April 2013
    The Academy, Middle Abbey St.
    7pm
    18+

Only Irish Show

On sale Friday 25th Jan @ 9am - €27.50 inc fees from www.ticketmaster.ie & outlets nationwide, Sound Cellar & Into The Void Records

www.dme-promotions.com

"
    Queensryche first burst onto the music scene in 1982 with the release of their self-titled 4 song EP Queensr˙che. They very quickly gained international recognition and performed to sold out audiences around the world. With the follow up first full length album "The Warning" in 1984, and the ground breaking 1986 release of "Rage For Order", Queensr˙che continued to prove their worldwide dominance as one of the most respected and creative bands of the 80's. In 1988 the band turned out yet another monumental album "Operation:Mindcrime", which would go on to become one of the TOP 10 best selling concepts records of all time, and set the stage for continued sold out performances around the world. With the release of the critically acclaimed and commercially successful "Empire" in 1991, the band earned multiple Grammy Award nominations and won the MTV "viewers choice" award for the #1 chart topping hit "Silent Lucidity". During the next ten years, the band continued to release albums and tour the world to sold out audiences. Queensr˙che has sold over 30 million albums worldwide and have continued to break new ground and push their creative process. Queensr˙che is Todd Le Torre (Vocals), Michael Wilton (Guitars), Parker Lundgren (Guitars), Eddie Jackson (Bass) and Scott Rockenfield (Drums)."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Im there!

Seen them in the SFX in 1990 and at Donington in 1991.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I wonder will Geoff bring his version of the band over ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

poundhound wrote: »
    Im there!

Seen them in the SFX in 1990.

So did I .... amazing gig ... Mindcrime - start to finish :cool:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

To my shame I only really know Operation:Mindcrime, but plenty of time to get to know them better before the gig :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seen them headline Hard Rock Hell 2 years ago, Geoff Tate was such a prick, preaching about all sorts of crap.
    Didn't play 1 song from Operation Mindcrime!!!
    Worst festival headline band i have EVER seen

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Seen them headline Hard Rock Hell 2 years ago, Geoff Tate was such a prick, preaching about all sorts of crap.

You'll be glad to know Tate has been sacked and his replacement is better at being classic Tate than Tate.

Old school set too ... only tunes from the first 5 releases ... the epic Queensryche years :cool:

To my shame I only really know Operation:Mindcrime, but plenty of time to get to know them better before the gig :)

get Empire and The Warning ...

... then when you've digested them , get Rage For Order and Queensryche EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »

Tate lost the plot the last 4-5 years, with his behaviour becomming more and more irratic, I know what a bit part of the band he was, but if you are only churning out underpar material and Todd LaTorre has a hell of a set of pipes on him, so I'm really looking forward to this...........

yeah Scud, that Tate preaching at HRH a couple of years back was followed last year by him abusing a crowd and lots of really weird stuff, I saw them in 2011 at High Voltage and enjoyed the set but he definitely isn't the same singer he was back then, doubt the other version of Queensryche will last long, Bobby Blotzer has already gone back to Ratt......

They've a new album pending, surely they'll play material from that?

IMO 1994's "Promised Land" was the last decent album they did.

Looking forward to hear La Torre soar on the early stuff, especially "Rage for order".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just watched a couple of videos of the new chap on vocals. Jesus christ he sounds identical to Tate, mental.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

tickets bought , looking forward to this immensely. what chance a sell-out for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Like the band, is the guy who replaced Tate any good?

Dont wanna go if he sounds nothing like him

EDIT: missed the video above lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I've seen them twice in the past, one was Operation:Mindcrime in full.
    Was kind of unsure in the beginning, with Geoff Tate not part of the process (what a great vocalist!!), but the new lad sounds very good!!!
    Plus Operation Mindcrime and Empire are on the list of my favourite albums of all times (and I am not even a big hard rock/metal music fan. . .)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

shi* band since de garmo left.
    Saw them at their peak and they were amazing, was never a fan of tate.
    The last couple of albums (one was a cover album) were shocking...
    Still tempted all the same.
    The warning and Rage for order are classics , empire and promised land also good in their day.

sham69 wrote: »
    shi* band since de garmo left.
    Saw them at their peak and they were amazing, was never a fan of tate.
    The last couple of albums (one was a cover album) were shocking...
    Still tempted all the same.
    The warning and Rage for order are classics , empire and promised land also good in their day.

True, but they went downhill even before DeGarmo left. Hear in the now frontier was woeful, promised land was fairly poor, and even empire wasn't great in fairness to it.

Obviously the band themselves know that their last 20+ years of albums have been bollocks if they're only playing songs up to empire.

I never saw them back in their day, but I saw them in London I think 6 years ago when they played mindcrime one and two back to back. After they finished playing MC1 and started on MC2 everyone got bored and went to the bar. They reappeared towards the stage for a few songs from empire to close the show. Says it all really.

I'll probably head along to this all the same :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

mindcrime two was just simply a crime

This thread needs more classic 'Ryche

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Less than a month to this gig now & I can't wait. Queensryche are one of my favourite bands, alongside Dream Theater - have seen them about 8 or more times at this stage. Will definitely agree that most new albums were pants, but I did like Operation Mindcrime 2 - a grower, but not bad all the same.

Looking forward to this gig & seeing how the new singer compares. I've seen Operation Mindcrime in it's entirety twice, so looking forward to this early years gig. That said, most times I've been to see them, they usually only play a handful of new stuff, knowing that most of the fans are die hards like myself, who aren't that pushed on their newer albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Oral Slang wrote: »
    they usually only play a handful of new stuff, knowing that most of the fans are die hards like myself, who aren't that pushed on their newer albums.

Only playing stuff up to 'Empire' on this tour.

• Advertisement

yknaa wrote: »
    Only playing stuff up to 'Empire' on this tour.

Yeah sorry I knew that, just meant that that's all they play mostly anyway, so not all that different to any of the other tours I've seen them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Just got my ticket.

Apparently there are two versions of Queensryche touring. The band that are playing Dublin and another one with Tate which is touring the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Passenger wrote: »
    Just got my ticket.

Apparently there are two versions of Queensryche touring. The band that are playing Dublin and another one with Tate which is touring the US.

yeah, kind of ridiculous IMO. Geoff Tate is touring with other musicians, playing Operation:Mindcrime, I think. They have a court hearing later this year to see who's gonna keep the name.

Anyway, with songs from the first decade only (1982-1991), this will probably be a good gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Tickets bought for this. Really looking forward to seeing them again. Saw them in the SFX way back when. If they are half as good as that gig it will still be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Rescheduled Date & Venue: 18TH October 2013, The Button Factory

Original Date & Venue: 19th April 2013, The Academy
    Due to unforeseen circumstances the performance of Queensryche at The Academy on 19th April 2013 has changed date and venue to the Button Factory on 18th October 2013.

Tickets for the original date and venue remain valid for the rescheduled show.

For Customers unable to attend the rescheduled event, refunds are available. Please read the below carefully to see how you can avail of a refund.

Ticketmaster.ie

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

From the DME event page on facebook
    Legendary Seattle progressive hard rockers Queensrÿche are rescheduling some of their upcoming European shows next month. The postponement of these dates is caused by changes in the bands promotional schedule brought upon by their new label, Century Media Records, in order to meet the demands of their upcoming June 11th worldwide release date. All affected performances have been moved to October in an effort to honor the band's desire to play for their fans around the globe. A complete list of all European tour dates for Queensrÿche are below.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Ah Jaysus! Typical, the day after I bloody buy the tickets. It looks like a couple of the other European shows are cancelled also (if not all of them)

I wonder if its related to using the Queensryche name and the impending court case?

Was coming on to post the same .... balls.

Gutted!
    At least we should get a smattering of songs from the new album.

• Advertisement

So p**sed off about this. Heading over to see Helloween & Gamma Ray on the Tuesday of that week, so would have gone for 2 nights if I'd thought that they'd postpone the Dublin one. Seems the London gig is going ahead as scheduled, but the other 2 Uk dates are rescheduled until October.

Edit: Just checked & the London gig has been rescheduled too - October 12th, it's just not appearing on Ticketmaster.

Advertisement