Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with sleep

Options
  • 24-01-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, my 9 month old goes down at 7ish with a soother a bad habit that started about a month ago due to a house move and other stuff that was going on at the time. She now wakes a good few times during the night when she looses her soother and I have to go in and give it to her, and she is up at 5/5.30 for the day.

Does anyone have any suggestions about either an easy way to get rid of the soother at night, I have tried to put her down without it but she just cried and got very upset which I dont want,
    or
    any other suggestions

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

short wrote: »
    Hi, my 9 month old goes down at 7ish with a soother a bad habit that started about a month ago due to a house move and other stuff that was going on at the time. She now wakes a good few times during the night when she looses her soother and I have to go in and give it to her, and she is up at 5/5.30 for the day.

Does anyone have any suggestions about either an easy way to get rid of the soother at night, I have tried to put her down without it but she just cried and got very upset which I dont want,
    or
    any other suggestions

Thanks

I'm sure if you stick it out she will learn to find it on her own? Perhaps get one of those glow-in-the dark ones? As far as I know most babies are able to find the soothers around that age but since it's a new thing for her she hasn't copped on yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Are you dead set against one?? I don't see the harm to be honest. Get your little one to give it to the soother fairy in exchange for a little gift when shes older.
    My daughter is the same age and could find her soother in the dark with her arms tied behind her back if she tried hard enough :). It's like she can sniff it out. Practice makes perfect.

I used to put her to bed with one in her mouth and one extra one in the cot. She always has one.

When I was a baby I had to have one in my mouth and one in each hand before I'd go to sleep :)

I'm going to get her to give it to the fairy when she understands. No harm in it now and it can be taken off her during the day without arguments too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭ronjo

Are you dead set against one?? I don't see the harm to be honest. Get your little one to give it to the soother fairy in exchange for a little gift when shes older.
    My daughter is the same age and could find her soother in the dark with her arms tied behind her back if she tried hard enough :). It's like she can sniff it out. Practice makes perfect.

I used to put her to bed with one in her mouth and one extra one in the cot. She always has one.

When I was a baby I had to have one in my mouth and one in each hand before I'd go to sleep :)

I'm going to get her to give it to the fairy when she understands. No harm in it now and it can be taken off her during the day without arguments too.

We did that with our daughter and after a while she would shout out if she couldnt find BOTH of them :)
    Thankfully she has grown out of that a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Giving two soothers is a good idea. The glow in the dark ones are great. I have a little comforter that lo brings to bed and you can attach two soothers to it. If i get the name ill post it cant think of it right now

Advertisement