Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon nightmare!

Options
  • 24-01-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi there,

At xmas time I bought a massage chair voucher code off groupon for my partner. It appeared to be very bad quality so I returned it for a refund. The third party dealer was markettown.ie.

I rang them and they agreed if I returned it they would refund me the postage and to contact groupon for the voucher refund. I returned the massager and markettown refunded the postage no problem.

But..... a month later and at least 15 emails to groupon and still not getting anywhere with Groupon. Someone called <SNIP> who appears to be thick and doesn’t bother to read the emails in full and sending back stupid questions about the transaction which were in my original email holding the refund back! Nightmare.

I have tried everything at this stage, I am a member of other deal sites and have never had these problems before. i.e. pigsback refund no problems if there are any issues. I wont be keeping my groupon account open after this pain in the behind.
    :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I presume you paid by credit card? If so, check with your credit card provider to see if you are within the time limit to initiate a chargeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I'm having problems with Groupon as well. Bought a voucher for you-frame in November, uploaded my pics on the 5th Nov and still waiting for delivery! You-frame were a nightmare to deal with and kept ignoring me till I got Groupon involved. They then discovered that my photo upload had failed (even though they sent me back the zip file of my photos saying it was successful!). I've asked for my money back as I'm fed up at this stage. Seemingly Groupon are aware of the problems with this company but are still flogging vouchers for them :mad:

I also bought a voucher for a Bodum hand mixer in early December and that hasn't arrived either! When I contacted the merchant they told me that Groupon had sold too many vouchers and they had no stock left! I've requested a refund for that one too! Needless to say I won't be buying any more Groupon vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

dudara wrote: »
    I presume you paid by credit card? If so, check with your credit card provider to see if you are within the time limit to initiate a chargeback.

Im with Tescobank CC, they told me they are going to send me out the form so they can proceed toinvestigate, however they are quoting up to 3 months. Thanks for your helo though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

I'm having problems with Groupon as well. Bought a voucher for you-frame in November, uploaded my pics on the 5th Nov and still waiting for delivery! You-frame were a nightmare to deal with and kept ignoring me till I got Groupon involved. They then discovered that my photo upload had failed (even though they sent me back the zip file of my photos saying it was successful!). I've asked for my money back as I'm fed up at this stage. Seemingly Groupon are aware of the problems with this company but are still flogging vouchers for them :mad:

I also bought a voucher for a Bodum hand mixer in early December and that hasn't arrived either! When I contacted the merchant they told me that Groupon had sold too many vouchers and they had no stock left! I've requested a refund for that one too! Needless to say I won't be buying any more Groupon vouchers!

Hey lilybarlean,agreed, Im staying well clear of them! I hope anyone thinking of purchasing from groupon will take our advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Im with Tescobank CC, they told me they are going to send me out the form so they can proceed toinvestigate, however they are quoting up to 3 months. Thanks for your helo though! :)

Absolute crap. It doesn't take 3 months to do a chargeback. Tell them that and knock some sense into them :eek::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭g0g

I'm in same boat with You Frame now, wish I'd read this thread sooner! Their line is always busy or unanswered, no reply to emails to them, got confirmation my upload had worked yet when I log in now it's saying they're awaiting images!? Really disappointed as it seemed such good value and I put a lot of time into selecting a heap of pictures for it!:(

g0g wrote: »
    I'm in same boat with You Frame now, wish I'd read this thread sooner! Their line is always busy or unanswered, no reply to emails to them, got confirmation my upload had worked yet when I log in now it's saying they're awaiting images!? Really disappointed as it seemed such good value and I put a lot of time into selecting a heap of pictures for it!:(

Get on to Groupon and let them chase it for you. I got an e-mail from you frame after Groupon contacted them to say my upload was corrupted and to re-send the pictures. I sent them back the zip file which they had sent to me and by a miracle, this upload was successful :rolleyes:. I got another apologetic e-mail from them at the weekend to say my order was being prioritized and would be sent out early this week! You won't get anywhere on your own, you need to let Groupon sort this. They should stop selling these deals as you-frame are obviously swamped by the cheap orders and can't cope. There's a lot of people in the same boat as us judging by the complaints on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭g0g

Get on to Groupon and let them chase it for you. I got an e-mail from you frame after Groupon contacted them to say my upload was corrupted and to re-send the pictures. I sent them back the zip file which they had sent to me and by a miracle, this upload was successful :rolleyes:. I got another apologetic e-mail from them at the weekend to say my order was being prioritized and would be sent out early this week! You won't get anywhere on your own, you need to let Groupon sort this. They should stop selling these deals as you-frame are obviously swamped by the cheap orders and can't cope. There's a lot of people in the same boat as us judging by the complaints on the net.
    Almost exact same outcome as your post! Previously had confirmation everything uploaded ok to the website, then one day after I escalate with the seller I am contacted by youframe to re-upload all my photos. Good job I kept them in a separate folder and would advise anyone else to do the same! No word on dispatch yet but fingers crossed that should happen soon. Don't think I'd ever deal with them again.

You Frame youframe youframe.com you-frame.com photo canvas montage collage (including in case anyone searches these terms in future)

Despite their promises to send it out early last week it still hasn't arrived :mad:. I contacted Groupon again and said enough is enough, I want my money back. I've a pain in my rear with all this. It's now been 3 months since I uploaded my pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I can never get in contact with youframe when I ring in the morning.

Can anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 cobblerusa

Please be careful about asking for refunds from Groupon. I bought a robot hoover during the last two weeks of November 2012 and the robot hoover arrived around mid-December. I should have skipped the Groupon ad (they re-write the ads for the person selling the item and I can safely say based on this experience who ever does this re-writing misses vital information and what I find really odd is how they ran the same ad without all of the relevant details juts a couple of weeks ago - guess they haven't learned their lesson yet!) because this Groupon ad did not say the robot hoover was ONLY for hard wood floors but the original ad from the company did state this. Of course this means I have bought something I can't use. So begins the saga of trying to get my €79 back. I returned the item to the original company, Markettown, and they very quickly refunded my shipping costs. I have appreciated how they have been active in helping me. This company advised me by email they sent the refund notice to Groupon on 3/1/13. So I get my Visa statement at the end of Jan and guess what. No refund. So I send an email to Groupon via their website. In the response the customer service agent asks ME to get written verification from the company who sold the robot hoover that I deserve a refund. Clearly the staff in Groupon don't do their job and leave it to the customer to do this stuff. So I get an email verification from the original company, Markettown, that I am due a full refund and send it on to Groupon via email. I also ask for the name of a supervisor since I am far from happy with this process. Groupon contacts me by email and simply says I will get my refund but they do not provide the name of a manager. Well guess what, I just got my Feb Visa statement last night and yet again there is no refund. I will now ask my credit card company to deal with this since Groupon have now shown they cannot follow through on something that was their mistake to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

swingking wrote: »
    I can never get in contact with youframe when I ring in the morning.

Can anyone?

Sorry to drag up an old thread but just wondering if anyone got anywhere with you frame after!
    I really wish I'd seem this before because I bought a groupon voucher in November and uploaded photos straight away and still nothing over 21 working days later 😡😡!

Why the hell are groupon still selling vouchers for them?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

augusta24 wrote: »

Why the hell are groupon still selling vouchers for them?!
    Answer : where the 'discount' can be acquired by groupon the easiest.

Advertisement