Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'cause we support Cobh Ramblers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Are the same lads running the club as those who wanted the club to pull out of the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Cobh Ramblers megathread FTW

(Do kids still say for the win?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

F**k The World!!! Cobh, Cork City and Limerick FC @ Thomand. Bloody Munster-centric league :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Erra Limerick is more or less Connacht. And Thomond is technically in Clare. Which is most certainly Connacht.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

gimmick wrote: »
    Erra Limerick is more or less Connacht. And Thomond is technically in Clare. Which is most certainly Connacht.

Hmmm...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And it's all not-Dublin..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Good to see the Ramblers back in the league. Galway United next please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

dfx- wrote: »
    Are the same lads running the club as those who wanted the club to pull out of the league?

They're not quite all gone, but not the majority anymore certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

I've only been supporting the LoI for the past few seasons so please excuse my lack of knowledge re Cobh. What kinds of crowds did they get in the last few seasons they were in the league?

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    I've only been supporting the LoI for the past few seasons so please excuse my lack of knowledge re Cobh. What kinds of crowds did they get in the last few seasons they were in the league?

4-500 at a push in the premier and when they did well in the 1st. Though I can remeber going to one of their games years ago and being able to count the 78 people who were there. But those were the days when they would routinely finish bottom or 2nd bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

No to all of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Delighted to see Cobh back in the league. It may be so far South as to be virtually in Spain, but it's a great place to visit and a proper wee club.

Cobh is a great away day. Train down from Cork, few nice pubs along the promenade. Hellish trek uphill to the ground, but there is a bar in it so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ahh Cobh...

Mick Divine puffing away behind the goal
    Humorous comments from the stadium announcer.
    Lovely hot soup from the shop.
    Pint at half time in the ground:eek:
    Hardcore halfwits on the terrace
    Steve Yelverton

For all their limitations they do serve a purpose in Irish football food chain. And for that reason they should be welcomed back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good to see them back. Know 3 Cobh fans who be over the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I'm really like the sound of pints in the ground at half time.

Not sure it's worth relegation to actually find out, though.

Great to see an even number in D1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Clare is most certainty in Munster my friend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Good to see them back. Know 3 Cobh fans who be over the moon.

Yeah, but what do the other 3 think?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hope Davin O'Neill signs for the Ramblers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

born2bwild wrote: »
    I'm really like the sound of pints in the ground at half time.

Not sure it's worth relegation to actually find out, though.

Great to see an even number in D1.

There's always the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Lucan Bohs wrote: »

According to the 2008 attendance thread on Foot.ie, this was Cobh's estimated crowds for that season and the previous four:

1,122 (681 FD; 368 FD; 403 FD; 240 FD)

I'd expect them to get about 200 for most of their games, with only Waterford bringing much of an away crowd. They might get a few hundred more for the first game for the novelty factor of being back in the LoI, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Really? because both Limerick and Clare are imprinted into my Munster Jersey along with the others.

Although it's nice to see the standard of education down in Cork is improving :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Really? because both Limerick and Clare are imprinted into my Munster Jersey along with the others.

Although it's nice to see the standard of education down in Cork is imroving :p

Maybe there is some truth to the chant about Cork City fans being unable to read or write?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

dfx- wrote: »
    And it's all not-Dublin..

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ireland4ps2.gif

Next week, primary colours

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Well I had a giggle at this.

But I laughed harded at the amount of people who think you're just a thicko rather than someone being humourous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The funny thing is that 1/3 of what he said was actually correct,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Thomond is in Limerick, which is certainly in Munster.

The name even means "North Munster".

map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fair play gimmick, best bit of fishing I've seen in a long time.

Got a few big biters as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I;m still asleep, feck off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Still waiting on Tralee..... Some day!

Advertisement