Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Read

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is the link working, mine is redirecting to an Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.spurscommunity.co.uk message but we have a new firewall in work that is blocking all sorts of sites just cos they have links to gambling sites and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I dont buy this "We will never spend 20m on two players much less one for real, but will push against wishes against one and cry we have no more money"

How much did we spend on Dembele, Darren Bent, Luka Modric, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Jermaine Defoe, David Bentley.....??

But I do agree that the board are trying to get AVB to buy small this window. It's catch 22, buy now to secure 4th and we may not get as good a calibre of player or, push for 4th with a few small buys this window and come the summer we can attract a better calibre of player with our money...

The Toon is more attractive?? Please:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I dont buy this "We will never spend 20m on two players much less one for real, but will push against wishes against one and cry we have no more money"

How much did we spend on Dembele, Darren Bent, Luka Modric, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Jermaine Defoe, David Bentley.....??

But I do agree that the board are trying to get AVB to buy small this window. It's catch 22, buy now to secure 4th and we may not get as good a calibre of player or, push for 4th with a few small buys this window and come the summer we can attract a better calibre of player with our money...

The Toon is more attractive?? Please:D:D

It's Levy and Spurs all over. We shouldn't really be amazed as it's not as if these types of situations have not come up before.

The idea of arguing over a couple of hundred k for Holtby is stupid, but it's levy all over.
    If we want Diame,who is the cheap option, just go and get him before the goons do. It's obvious Levy is not willing to stump up for Moutinho.
    Strikers... it's not today or yesterday that everyone who knows anything about Tottenham has been crying out for a striker. I'll be honest, I think if we had a top top striker, we'd be 7/8 points better off this season. No joking. Look at the games we have dropped points in, we have been crying out for that clinical finisher. I understand it's easier said than done, but ffs, if Villa can find Benteke whom i think would do great at Spurs, why can't we get a decent striker.
    The point about the board seeing AVB doing so well now and saying to him, well your managing ok now, carry on, is ballicks. But it's levy all over. We need to take a gamble, go that extra mile to make sure we get 4th spot. If we finish this window with no extra striker, I really think there is a massive chance that we will lose out to the goons again for 4th. And in my opinion, it's Levy who will be to blame.

Do we want to challenge in Europes number 1 competition or just challenge to qualify for it ? Take a gamble ffs. Yes the stadium project is massively important and we need to be financially prudent, but it's not as if we have splashed mega money on signings over the last 18 months without taking a good wedge in too for the Modric's of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Nail on the head there Hatch!

The bit about the spending policy not changing regardless of a CL qualification this season/next season/any season is very disappointing and sadly it is probably true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That's a bollocks article imo, few spelling mistakes with poor English. If that's a "Spurs insider" then he's a player or janitor or something, and he has about as much of a clue as the dogs in the street about how the club is being run. Not a hope he's in the boardroom or doing anything of importance.

THFC wrote: »
    That's a bollocks article imo, few spelling mistakes with poor English. If that's a "Spurs insider" then he's a player or janitor or something, and he has about as much of a clue as the dogs in the street about how the club is being run. Not a hope he's in the boardroom or doing anything of importance.

Could be Steffen Freund

285641.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

This is the response to the article which I read on another forum....
    This created a meltdown on Spurs community only for the info to be later disputed by Jjetset who, so I hear, is the most respected spurs ITK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Sadly I'd say most of it is accurate. Levy out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I have no time for these so called 'insiders or ITKs,most of their stuff is wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement