Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire warranty issue

• 24-01-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've sent a HTC Desire back for repair under warranty twice in the last year. The first time was because the phone was completely unresponsive and wouldn't turn on, the second time in Oct 12 was because the LED and in-call speaker stopped working. They repaired it without issue both times. The original warranty ended in November 12. At the start of January this year the same issue with the LED and in-call speaker returned. As there is extended warranty of 3 months for parts repaired under warranty, I was still covered. So I sent it back for repair after confirming all of this and today it was returned unrepaired with the reason given as 'warranty expired'. When I queried this the reason given was that the engineers had decided that the same parts weren't at fault, despite the exact same issue occurring. I'm fairly angry about this because I feel like I'm being fobbed off, especially because it's not the newest phone in the world.

With the cost of 3 UPS deliveries back and forward from England it probably would have been cheaper for them to just replace the phone at this stage. I don't really see myself getting anywhere with HTC so I'm wondering where I should go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

How do you know the same components are the cause of your problem? With items packed so tightly together in phones your issues could be caused by separate components, or the components connected to the repaired components could be the issue.

If you can't prove the problem is with the same components then you will either have to pay for the repair or buy a new phone unless your willing to put up with the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Kavrocks wrote: »
    How do you know the same components are the cause of your problem? With items packed so tightly together in phones your issues could be caused by separate components, or the components connected to the repaired components could be the issue.

If you can't prove the problem is with the same components then you will either have to pay for the repair or buy a new phone unless your willing to put up with the problem.

I'm assuming that it is based on the fact that two separate problems occurred at the same time, in the exact same way as last time. They've offered to take it back again now and get the engineers to check if it's actually the same components. To be honest I thought they would have done this the first time. I only use it as back up to my Galaxy Note 2 and I have another Desire that I've rooted etc. that hasn't give me any problems. Ironically I kept this one 'clean' so it would function without any custom rom issues or anything. I'm just a bit disappointed that I've had to go back and forward so much, particularly when I've actually praised their customer support here in the past.

Advertisement