Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork on Ice almost over

• 24-01-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone wanted to go, Cork on Ice ends this Sunday :(

I can't go unfortunately but thought someone else might pop along, went there three times this season and loved it, only fell once :D

The very last session according to the website is 5.30pm this Sunday:

https://corkonice.ticketsolve.com/shows/873486338/events

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

hmmm.
    shill ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

mikeecho wrote: »
    hmmm.
    shill ?

Nope, Kingtut is our resident social organiser............he just wants to make sure we all have a good time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

****e compared to a normal ice rink. Prob to do with the crap safety skates they give ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

corkgsxr wrote: »
    ****e compared to a normal ice rink. Prob to do with the crap safety skates they give ya
    I wouldnt trust alot of people with real skates :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I was on a real ice rink in Germany a few years back and it was lethal.. you could get up some mad speed.. It was great fun though, even with all the local 3 year olds doing a better job of ice skating than the gawky Irish fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

mikeecho wrote: »
    hmmm.
    shill ?

I had to google what 'shill' meant and no I'm not one, like Andip (thanks Andip) pointed out, I am the so called resident organiser. I like to create events and let people know when things are happening etc.

I work for an engineering company so until you hear me advertising something related to engineering you can rest assured that I am not a shill :pac:

corkgsxr wrote: »

I've never been to a proper ice rink so I can't compare them but I think it's nice to have something different in Cork, I'm in Dublin this weekend though so might try and go to a Dublin ice rink if there is one still open :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Wow, fourteen quid is seriously expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Anyone try ringing up the booking line? I've been in hold for the last 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Chloris wrote: »
    Wow, fourteen quid is seriously expensive.

yeah it is really expensive,

its why we only went once this year instead of the usual two or three times...

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    yeah it is really expensive,

its why we only went once this year instead of the usual two or three times...

€14 is a lot alright, I suppose they get away with it because there is no competition, still though anytime I drive past the place seems packed so I guess there are still plenty of people around with deep pockets :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

kingtut wrote: »
    €14 is a lot alright, I suppose they get away with it because there is no competition, still though anytime I drive past the place seems packed so I guess there are still plenty of people around with deep pockets :pac:

I have very deep pockets...

Well,I have holes in My pockets,,so it's the same thing really..:D

Advertisement