Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tooway streaming/watching movies/shows/netflix?

• 24-01-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi all,

probably aske dbefore but I can't find it. i'm going to sign up to tooway satelite next week as I've no other broadband option in my area. does anyone know (on a 26Gig0 allowance, extra 18mb package, if I can stream movies/netflix? would my 26 gig allowance be enough for watching about 1-2 shows a night? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://support.netflix.com/en/node/87#gsc.tab=0
    There are 3 settings to choose from:
    Good quality (uses up to 0.3 GB per hour)
    Better quality (uses up to 0.7 GB per hour)
    Best quality (uses up to 1 GB per hour, or up to 2.3 GB per hour if watching HD)
    Different regions have different default settings:
    The default setting in the US is “Best”.
    The default setting in Canada is “Good”.
    The default setting in Latin America is “Best,” except in Brazil where it is “Good”.
    The default setting across the UK and Ireland is “Best”.

You will want best SD at least, so 1GB per hour. 2Hrs a night 6 days a week for 4 weeks is 2x6x4 = 48GB per month.

So no, not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

ED E wrote: »

You will want best SD at least, so 1GB per hour. 2Hrs a night 6 days a week for 4 weeks is 2x6x4 = 48GB per month.

So no, not really.

thank you - bah. LOL> I'll have to limit my addiction to the various shows.. :-)

weird though.i've been doing that on vodafone normal broadband at my old house, and finsihed the 1st 5 series of sons of anarchy in 4 weeks- had a usage of 18 gig that month - and it was at least 2 shows a day. Sorry SOA is REALLY addictive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Satelite is last resort if you can't get any other connection,have you checked to see if your new house is able to receive fixed wireless services?would be far more reliable and cheaper.

Satelite is last resort if you can't get any other connection,have you checked to see if your new house is able to receive fixed wireless services?would be far more reliable and cheaper.

yeah.absolutely zilch. i don't mind the money really.No fastcom, no eircom, and only fair coverage for vodafone mobile-and I wouldn't be able to stream on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

ED E wrote: »

So no, not really.

Agree that satellite usage limits suck but just wanted to say I stream at the lowest level to a 32" TV and it looks good to me.

long_b wrote: »
    Agree that satellite usage limits suck but just wanted to say I stream at the lowest level to a 32" TV and it looks good to me.

Yeah i streamed a netflix episode last night on the lowest quality level and had no probs-quality was still very good.

will get back to tooway and ask about daily limits

Gillian9:27:16 AM
    It is a four week/monthly limit.
    Jutta9:27:39 AM
    monthly package
    9:28:01 AM
    so if i use like 2gig in one hour i won't be slowed down?
    9:28:12 AM
    as example, don't think that will happen but ya never know
    Gillian9:28:52 AM
    There isn't a daily/hourly limit. You won't be slowed down until all of your traffic is used up.

as per digiweb on tooway chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement