Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of removing double indoor doors and outdoor PVC

Options
  • 24-01-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi all.

I am very green when it comes to all things construction and have no idea how much the following might cost. Hopefully someone might be able to advise on price and any dos and don'ts. I have attached to pictures of what I want done.

1. We have 2 double doors between our kitchen and sitting room that I want to remove and put in a partion wall. The wall on the right is block and on the left is stud.

2. We have double doors to our back garden both from our kitchen and from our sitting room. We don't need both and so want to remove sitting room doors and replace with a window. (or possibly bay window).
    --would I be able to sell the double doors once removed.

Any help with rough cost would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Pictures don't seem to be attached.

Job sounds simple enough. Hard to estimate as removing external door and putting in window would probably require walls to bw re-painted and may require floorcovering to be replaced. Skirting to be extended etc.

If I were you I would get a local builder to have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Apologies. Have attached pictures now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Faze11 wrote: »
    Apologies. Have attached pictures now.
    That would be the same pics that are attached to your first post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

muffler wrote: »
    That would be the same pics that are attached to your first post ;)

Yes. After I edited it. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

Avery easy job, and yes you could sell the doors, but the knoty pine doors are about 50 euro new so wouldnt hold out for much for them as for the pvc doors try for as much as you can get but off the top of my head they would cost me 700 new so work from that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement