Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract question

Options
  • 24-01-2013 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Last October I contacted one of your colleagues through the phone service 1901.
    I asked him if there was anyway of reducing my bill.
    He said there was an similar package that would save me approx 5e per month.
    I went with it.
    Fast forward to last week when I was talking to another of your colleagues on a different matter, I asked how much of my contract was left.
    She said that by changing my package in October,I had started a new 12mnth contract.
    So my question is, should I have been notified of this at the time.
    and because I wasn't, is this contract invalid?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dobsdave wrote: »
    Hi,

Last October I contacted one of your colleagues through the phone service 1901.
    I asked him if there was anyway of reducing my bill.
    He said there was an similar package that would save me approx 5e per month.
    I went with it.
    Fast forward to last week when I was talking to another of your colleagues on a different matter, I asked how much of my contract was left.
    She said that by changing my package in October,I had started a new 12mnth contract.
    So my question is, should I have been notified of this at the time.
    and because I wasn't, is this contract invalid?

Thanks

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Hi [font=Times New Roman","serif]dobsdave[/font][/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]I have been looking into our previous cases and I can seethat you posted on the eircom board on the 22/11/12 - http://bit.ly/WkrwH7[/font]

I have looked into this and Ihave discovered a previous post from you on the 23/11/2012 where you asked the following :

"Have a ph/bb bundle with free off peak calls.
    Wanted to get the anytime free calls at a cost of 5 euro to me.
    Was told I would have to sign up for another 12 months!

Is this correct? "

In response to this the above querie I posted the following :

Hi dobsdave,

"I have looked into this for you and i can confirm that this does come with a renewal of a 12 month contract.

Regards

Al
    "

[font=Arial","sans-serif]So I did confirm that a new 12 month contract would beapplicable if you wanted to avail of a new bundle or promotion? If you would like to PM your account number I can check when the package was changed and when the contract applied.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Hi Alan,

The quotes you are showing are from November, my 'new' contract is from October.
    I will send you my account number by PM.

Hi Alan,

As per our private messages, the quotes above are from a different query.
    Can you confirm that I was informed (or not) of the new contract in October 2012.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi dobsdave

This is still under investigation. We have requested to have the call listened to and we are awaiting news on this. As soon as I have further information I shall be in touch.

Regards

Al

Thanks Alan,

Shouldn't take too long to access a file I would hope.

• Advertisement

Any update on this?

Would appreciate an answer on this one please.

Advertisement