Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot slippers

Options
  • 24-01-2013 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

When winter comes I like to mush around the house in those cosy boot-slippers. I had some great ones for a couple of years - imitation leopardskin, perfect size, comfy, snuggly, elegant. Well, maybe not elegant.

But this year I haven't been able to find a replacement, after my old faithfuls finally went to the happy artificial-suede-animals' hunting ground. I got a pink pair in Dunnes with hearts on them, and they were fine for about a month and then grew and became lethal, half-slipping off when I'd be going down the stairs and attempting to murder me. I went back to Dunnes and got a brown suedish pair with leopardy fur and pom-poms; again, fine at first, with thick, warm soles. The trouble is that these soles are also very, very soft, and I keep having to swap the right slipper to the left foot and vice versa as the sole gets squashed down on one side. So I'm on the hunt for a better pair again.

Anyone know where to find a pair of good boot slippers that won't break the bank, and that will stay the same size and have soles that don't squeeze their stuffing to one side?

Advertisement