Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants vanilla custard samples.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

pmcmahon wrote: »
    what's the smell like? Sweet?

Strong, thick. I wouldn't classify it as a sweet smell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

jamie72 wrote: »

Strong, thick. I wouldn't classify it as a sweet smell.
    lets hope its one of those juices that vapes better than it smells

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

It's a juice that needs to be steeped well lads, and given a chance too! Both myself and a friend had the same first reaction to it - "mm I dunno.."

But for me, after vaping it for a few hours, it was and still is, absolutely yummy! :p

Grant said that it doesn't go to well with genesis attys and SS mesh, I've been using it in my AGA T+, and it tastes just as good as it did with a silica wick in a dripper. :D

lets hope its one of those juices that vapes better than it smells

I think you might have misunderstood my previous comment slightly, I didn't mean that it smells horrible or anything. It's very unusual. I've safely tried over 20 sweet type vapes and none of them have smelled like this, it's really unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Oh cant wait:)) jamie maybe you can drip a couple of drops into your atty and let us know what you think:))

• Advertisement

Anyone got their custard yet? What it's like? Still waiting for mine:)

Sorry for the delay. Some stuff came up. I have it all in the envelopes ready to go out in the morning, so you'll have it Thursday :)

Sorry for the delay. Some stuff came up. I have it all in the envelopes ready to go out in the morning, so you'll have it Thursday :)
    Oh ok:) have you tried it yet?

I have, it tastes very rummy at the moment which I believe means I should steep it a bit more. Going to let mine steep for another week. Yours has had about 7 days at the min.

thanks jamie, just got my custard:) smells really nice! tried a couple drops in lr atty....i'll let it steep a few days more i guess:)

• Advertisement

Nonamigo wrote: »
    thanks jamie, just got my custard:) smells really nice! tried a couple drops in lr atty....i'll let it steep a few days more i guess:)

Same as me so?

Arrived today! Cheers man!.From smelling it,it reminds me of those caramel flan type desserts you get in yoghurt tubs,haven't tried it yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Postman just arrived (the joy's of working in the middle of nowhere :rolleyes:)

Haven't sampled it yet but smells fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

Arrived this morning, can't wait to try it !

I ordered some new wingnut's custard so I can compare them two when they are steeped:)

heh...the smell and taste of wingnuts special custard is just identical:) Don't know how he did that but i wouldn't tell them apart. I'm gonna leave them for a while to steep and i hope i will like them when they are ready:)
    Chocolate donut smells just amazing! Just like the real thing! I know i have to leave this one to steep also at least for 5 days but couldn't resist and tried a few drops. OMG! Even fresh it tastes just like those doughnuts you can buy on O'Connell street! I'll leave this one to steep also and, if it's even a bit better after a week, I'm gonna order a big...no, a HUGE bottle of this stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Custard on the couch ...... Fantastic
    Custard in the car .......... Fantastic
    Custard in the office ....... Fantastic
    Custard after roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings ...... Fantastic
    Custard and tea.............. Fantastic
    Custard and coffee ......... Fantastic
    Custard and pinot grigio ... Not so good

How the feck did I miss this chocolate donut stuff... Need it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

nonamigo let me know how the donuts fares, have a bottle arriving on Monday. in regards to steeping how do you do it? lid off or on? in dark or light or what?

Temptation got the best of me,and after letting it steep for the last 24 hours or so I gave it a go.Christ it's delicious!,I was never gone on dessert flavours but im really really enjoying this.

• Advertisement

Is the chocolate doughnut really chocolatey?,im not too gone on chocolate flavours but the doughnut sounds interesting.

nonamigo let me know how the donuts fares, have a bottle arriving on Monday. in regards to steeping how do you do it? lid off or on? in dark or light or what?
    I keep in a dark place with the lid off. Just leave it in a small box for a few days.

Is the chocolate doughnut really chocolatey?,im not too gone on chocolate flavours but the doughnut sounds interesting.
    Well not steeped theres not too much of chocolate. Not too sweet. Very nice flavor of doughnut. And the smell of it!:) very nice!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My new wingnuts juices are arriving Monday too! :-)

Hopefully his custard will replace grants for me.

The only thing off putting about grant's is the postage, I always run out while I'm waiting for bottles to arrive! :-)

Grants Vanilla custard isn't doing it for me at all. It's going to steep for at least a week. I'd say it has gotten nicer in the last few days, but I still find it more like a Rum taste then a creamy vanilla. If it wasn't for the overwhelming support, i'd be passing this on immediately.

Grants Vanilla custard isn't doing it for me at all. It's going to steep for at least a week. I'd say it has gotten nicer in the last few days, but I still find it more like a Rum taste then a creamy vanilla. If it wasn't for the overwhelming support, i'd be passing this on immediately.
    Yeah I can taste rum there as well. It tastes ok but nothing to write home about.

Advertisement