Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bipolar and Associated Conditions

Options
  • 24-01-2013 8:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just started a thread to see if anyone else with Bipolar Disorder, also suffers from other possibly associated conditions. It would seem that my fiancee has helped me recognise that not only do I suffer from anxiety that can affect me socially, I suffer from bad panic attacks also.

I never associated the symptoms I suffer from with Panic Disorder, but apparently I tense up and become extremely withdrawn in cases of confrontation. These confrontations could be as simple as a chat with a manager, in which I become extremely paranoid and my heart rate shoots up. My mouth would also become dry and I begin to tremble or fidget alot. My vision suffers slightly, but nothing to the extent where I black out or hyperventilate.

Anyone else with Bipolar notice similar symptoms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I get anxious due to social situations but honestly it depends on my mood state. I don't think I have a separate anxiety problem to bipolar but I do definitely get anxious while depressed. I also avoid confrontation like the plague, which is a problem for me but I don't think it's a symptom of some disorder and I haven't been told it is either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm much the same, I'm really agreeable to avoid confrontation of any kind.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

It depends on my mood for me. If I'm depressed I'm a ball of anxiety and have had agitated depression in the past. If I'm manic, I'm agitated but no anxiety, just joyful euphoria. When my mood is normal I do have underlying anxiety. I get that vision thing too. Like everything loses its colour until everything is just black and white. I have always been anxious, even as a child but I'm getting more panicky now. It sucks. My psychiatrist thinks its all part of the bipolar but I think it's just my personality. I've always been like that and I'm so used to it now that its normal, I just get on with it. I will say though that I'm not afraid of confrontation. I used to be but got sick and tired of being mad at myself for being walked all over and will stand up for myself now (for the most part, I still have my moments :o)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I think I have issues with my personality as well. I have an issue with confrontation and get extremely panicked. I'm always on edge when depressed though.

Could say I have bipolar disorder.

• Advertisement

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I have BiPolar and would be quite similar, would get very nervous, heart beating, trembing etc for no reason really. Could happen even just before meeting up with mates.

OT but are you BiPolar or do you have BiPolar? You have diabetes but are diabetic but never sure what to say when it comes to BiPolar!

I think it's good that you want to say something however you put it, I think by not saying anything you can rob yourself of help and understanding when things are bad, I think it's enough to say you have anxietys which seems to be easier understood than bipolar, Gary.

Advertisement