Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on potential sea fishing rod

Options
  • 24-01-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have been offered a second-hand 13 foot Meta-lite Concept T rod which was hand made by John Metclafe. It is set up for a multiplier rather than fixed reel. I have never used a multiplier before but want to start learning.

Am I better off trying to get a new rod myself or would this be a good rod to get? I am being asked for 100 euro for it and am not sure what to do. Not often that I get offered a hand made rod so that is what is pushing me toward it.

The two rods that I have at the moment are both fixed reels and not great rods at all. This would be the most I would spend on a rod.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

never heard of the rod but you would probably be better off buying something newer, it will be easier to load and cast and will be a lot lighter. some rods come rung for both multi and fixed spool and they would be a good option, you can practice the multiplier and if you dont like them you can still use the rod with a fixed spool.
    whatever you do, DONT buy a cheap multi to try out. they will have crap brakes fitted and will not be nice to use. better off with something 2nd hand like a green abu mag elite if fishing over sand and a 525 mag if fishing over rougher ground. both can be gotten for €60ish and you will get the same money back if you sell them on. buy a cheap new reel and you wont get any money back cos nobody will want them.
    dont get caught up in multipliers, 2 of irelands best anglers are both using fixed spool.

Advertisement