Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Ipad to internet.

Options
  • 24-01-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of help here lads. The son of a neighbour wants to connect his Ipad to the internet in West Cork. There is no phone line in the house. I have a house nearby and I get fairly a good connection to my laptop using a dongle and a pay as you go sim card. I put in 20 Euro a month and get 5 gb download.
    This is not an option with the Ipad and tethering I found to be horribly expensive. anybody know anything about mobile wi fi hotspots with sim card ?
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Has your neighbor considered one of these Huawei modems : http://www.three.ie/products_services/broadband/prepay-broadband.html

It'll create a wifi hotspot that the ipad can connect to.
    It can be expensive enough to operate though depending on how much you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

That seems to be the way to go. The house is rented so the local "Rapid Broadband" is out.

Broadband Month 7.5GB 30 days of access 7.5GB €25

This seems fairly reasonable, compares with my 5gb for E20 euro and the purchase price is not too bad.
    Will talk to them at the week-end,
    Thanks Dave

Advertisement