Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Line Assessed for Broadband Capability..

Options
  • 24-01-2013 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi..
    I have a landline and live about 4 miles from our exchange. Our line and those around us have always been classified as not suitable for fixed line broadband.
    However, recently my sister who lives next door had an engineer in for a repair. He was able to classify her line as suitable and now she has Eircom fixed line broadband. Our service comes from the same pole, to our houses..
    When I ring up Eircom they say there is no way to arrange for the line to be retested, its status is what it is and that is that.. However, from my sisters experience I know that isnt the case.

Is there any way I can arrange to have this line check completed?

I have permission from my sister to provide her account details if it helps..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi bbam

Would you like to PM me your account details and your sisters account details? I will have a thorough look into this and get back to you as soon as i have information.

Best wishes

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

bbam wrote: »
    Pm sent

Hi bbam

Thanks for that,

I have just now replied through to your PM.

Regards

Al

Advertisement