Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I really need help!!!

Options
  • 24-01-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello!

My name is Maria, I am Spanish and I am living in Ireland since May 2010. I am 26 weeks pregnant and my fiance is from Brazil. He is living here for almost 5 years. We are together 2 years and a half. Last year, we applied for a residence card for him (stamp 4) because staying in the country as student was really expensive. Today, he has received a letter from Immigration saying that his case has been refused because we didn't provide enough support about what I am doing in the country. I am working in an English Academy in the Spanish Marketing Department. My boss said that he would do a contract for me, starting this year, but I am still waiting for this... Well the point is, my fiance is now in a list in the Repatriation Unit and we will be parents in three months... We have asked for his birth certificate in order to get married as soon as possible, but this a very slow process, because his birth certificate has to be sent to two different places before we can use it. The birth certificate is already in the second place, but we don't know how long it will take to arrive....

According to the Immigration webpage, he has 15 working days to show why he should stay in the country.... I think that he should stay because he has been working legally for almost 5 years, and he is going to work if he gets the permission; because we are together for more than 2 years and I am European; and the most important thing, he is going to be father of an Irish born child...... What can I do? Any help? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

magarme wrote: »
    Hello!

My name is Maria, I am Spanish and I am living in Ireland since May 2010. I am 26 weeks pregnant and my fiance is from Brazil. He is living here for almost 5 years. We are together 2 years and a half. Last year, we applied for a residence card for him (stamp 4) because staying in the country as student was really expensive. Today, he has received a letter from Immigration saying that his case has been refused because we didn't provide enough support about what I am doing in the country. I am working in an English Academy in the Spanish Marketing Department. My boss said that he would do a contract for me, starting this year, but I am still waiting for this... Well the point is, my fiance is now in a list in the Repatriation Unit and we will be parents in three months... We have asked for his birth certificate in order to get married as soon as possible, but this a very slow process, because his birth certificate has to be sent to two different places before we can use it. The birth certificate is already in the second place, but we don't know how long it will take to arrive....

According to the Immigration webpage, he has 15 working days to show why he should stay in the country.... I think that he should stay because he has been working legally for almost 5 years, and he is going to work if he gets the permission; because we are together for more than 2 years and I am European; and the most important thing, he is going to be father of an Irish born child...... What can I do? Any help? Thanks

Has he appealed the EU Stam4,

You really need to see a solicitor, if your child is born 3 years after you arrived he or she will be an Irish citizen and that will change things.

If you have exhausted all appeals then he needs to make what is called a section 3 application. That application is ver very very important, it must be made within the 15 days as set out in the section 3 letter to you boyfriend.

If you can't afford a solicitor, contact free legal aid centre or citizens advice or local immigration service.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Maria, Why don't you get on to The Immigrant Council of Ireland maybe they can give you some advice or steer you in the right direction. Best of luck. details below
    2 St Andrew Street, Dublin 2, Ireland Immigrant Council of Ireland Ltd.
    Information Service (01) 674 0200 Registered Company No. 412824
    Administration (01) 674 0202 Registered Charity No. CHY 16908
    Fax (01) 645 8059 Registered Office: 2 St. Andrew Street, Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2 magarme

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement