Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged 06/08 Black Golf - be on the lookout please

• 24-01-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, my sister was involved in an accident on the Childer's Road/Ballysimon Road roundabout at 2pm yesterday, January 23rd. Her car was hit to the rear by a car that spun and hit another car on the Roxboro side. The car then sped off in the Roxboro direction.

There were two occupants in the car, a black 06 or 08 Golf which may be a GTI. Naturally, since the incident happened so quickly, there are few other details, but the car itself would have moderate damage to the front and serious damage the rear, and would be very noticable.

My sister's car was inspected today. The damage is beyond economical repair. The kicker is that she only bought the car yesterday, 3 hours before the accident.

Both she, and the other lady and child in the other car are uninjured fortunately, but this incident has left them both in shock. The other lady's car was a 2010 car and was much more seriously damaged than my sister's car.

Can people be on the lookout for a black Golf, which may be a GTI or a GT Sport, with substantial damage to the front and rear? I'm back in Limerick this weekend, but the more eyes on the road the better. The driver is wanted for questioning by Roxboro Gardaí for leaving the scene of an accident.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

just bumping this up, hard luck on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a GTi. I saw the aftermath of the crash and the two cars were still there. We didn't understand how the car got flipped around and up on that embankment facing the wrong way into traffic.

Probably why the legged it. Hard one to explain I'd say. Can't be of too much help other than I'm 90% sure it was not a GTi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I think the golf was the car that caused the accident and drove off leaving the other two cars there from what i read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

kilburn wrote: »
    I think the golf was the car that caused the accident and drove off leaving the other two cars there from what i read

I would imagine the is cctv around that area with the exact time they should be able to pick something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GoOnYouDirt

Was it deffo a Golf? I was on the road yesterday afternoon around 12 on the main road coming out from Newcastle west when a black 09 VW Polo drove crazily almost hitting 4 cars swerving in and out left and right looked very sketchy. Just wondering if it could be the same person? This dude was CRAZY! Dunno how he didnt hit the cars he passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

On a side note, last Saturday every roundabout I came too there was a crash on. And I mean that in a literal sense!

Hope your sister gets sorted out OP, am in that area of Limerick often enough and will keep my eyes peeled. Horrible luck about the car.

Hope the b@stard is caught and suffers the penalty.

I'd have a look for CCTV in that area, especially up by Roxboro area. A busy area and maybe the traffic lights at the Roxboro roundabout would have CCTV? If the car headed towards Fedamore I can't imagine too many camera's there but if it was in the direction of Aldi or the last exit you might be in luck!

Just remember if you see the occupants/car don't approach them yourself. Best bet is ring the guards at that time and follow the car yourself to get a definite location for the Guards.

Advertisement