Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber banding issues like you wouldnt believe

Options
  • 24-01-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hey guys, im out in tallow county waterford and ive got a pretty crappy web connection.
    heres a speed test from the eircom website:

Test date 24 January 2013 21:23:28
    Download Speed 2.12 Mb/s
    This is equal to 2122 kbps
    Upload Speed 0.32 Mb/s
    This is equal to 318 kbps
    Latency 105 ms
    i took a screenshot from speedtest.net to illustrate whats referred to as rubber banding: http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss342/mike_slain3/NewBitmapImage_zps0a72a16b.png

i call em shark teeth :)
    the pc is new and fast. virus and spyware free.
    im the only one on this line in the house. The line is also about a year old.
    theres nothing between the pc and the eircom box in the wall apart from good cable.

After 12pm something seems to happen and the pings settle around 50 to limerick and the download settles to a flat line on 6mb.

im paying 62 euro a month for this and i truly hope you can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Are you on a NGB exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mikeslain

how would i find that out?

im on a (up to) 7mb download and the best package i can get out here in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

As far as I remember that package is not NGB. If your exchange is not NGB and your experiencing poor speeds/pings etc at peak times then it's likely the backhaul at the exchange is insufficient. If this is the case there's not much that can be done.

I'll let you await the eircom response anyway and hopefully they can look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mikeslain

no for sure its not ngb. ive just been trying to log into eircom.net to check availability of ngb in this area and the page simply reloads. i know for fact that the username and pw are correct, it just reloads on (IE, firefox, and chrome)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mikeslain wrote: »
    hey guys, im out in tallow county waterford and ive got a pretty crappy web connection.
    heres a speed test from the eircom website:

Test date 24 January 2013 21:23:28
    Download Speed 2.12 Mb/s
    This is equal to 2122 kbps
    Upload Speed 0.32 Mb/s
    This is equal to 318 kbps
    Latency 105 ms
    i took a screenshot from speedtest.net to illustrate whats referred to as rubber banding: http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss342/mike_slain3/NewBitmapImage_zps0a72a16b.png

i call em shark teeth
    the pc is new and fast. virus and spyware free.
    im the only one on this line in the house. The line is also about a year old.
    theres nothing between the pc and the eircom box in the wall apart from good cable.

After 12pm something seems to happen and the pings settle around 50 to limerick and the download settles to a flat line on 6mb.

im paying 62 euro a month for this and i truly hope you can help

Hi mikeslain

Would you like to PM me your landline number that the broadband is running on? I will look into this and conduct a few tests.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement