Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrinkles

• 24-01-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'm only 21 and I have very noticable wrinkle under my eyes and a few lines on my forehead.
    Is there something I could use to minimise these? Or what should I use to prevent them getting any worse?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Keep your body and skin hydrated, drink lots of water and and keep your face moisturised....oils like Almond, jojoba, emu are great for keeping the skin moist.

It's more likely dehydration then actual wrinkles tbh..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Use sun screen every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anabelle

Twee. wrote: »

Any recommendations? One that I could wear foundation over? I used use ambre solaire but I found that my foundation would never go on smoothly over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I have the same problem. I take really good care of my skin and my forehead is destroyed. At 20, I was told it was probably dehydration lines, and spent a fortune on serum, moisturiser and exfoliator from the hydralife range by dior. It didnt make any difference. I do not drink tea or coffee and rarely drink fizzy drinks. I cleanse and tone twice a day with dermalogica products and moisturise, almost always using an SPF of 30. I have semi regular facials (every 4-6 weeks) Nothing seems to help and I am seriously considering Botox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

I'm 27 and I have a lot of forehead lines. I'm very expressive the the forehead area so I'd say that's what did it. Again, I don't smoke and wear sunscreen every day. Drink plenty of liquids too. Some people will just have this, it's perfectly normal. Guaranteed that you are the only person who sees them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

i've tried freezeframe ihibox and wrinkle filler the results are instance !! the inibox is a little harder to use but the wrinkle filler is very easy to use and i can see the difference. i've also started a skin, hair and nail supplement to try and delay some of the signs of aging!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Unfortunately, wrinkles and the like (unless caused by dehydration/sun) are usually genetic.

Have a look at your mam or aunt. She is an indicator.

Personally speaking, I have barely any wrinkles, at 33, if at all. People always asking me how comes I dont have any. I dont notice cause I look at my face everyday. I can count on one hand the amount of times Ive had a full face of make up on (I cant imagine wearing make up is good for wrinkles.....all that dragging and pulling to your skin). I usually pad on a little bit of concealer to an area (I mightnt have wrinkles, but I do have dark circles).

Am a normal weight, but its because I have a rounder/chubbier/padded out-type face, and Ive oiler-type skin (plus I do wear sunscreen every day). I am a smoker though, so I dont know how Ive gotton away with it so long (wrinkle-wise). I notice when I smile, for example, that I dont squint my eyes, like most people do. Its just the way my face moves when I smile. Nor do I frown alot or raise my eyebrows (my face just doesnt do this!!!). Am actually trying to raise my eye brows as am typing, and it just aint happening. Hahaha sounds quite funny actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What about all the chemicals in sunscreen?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    What about all the chemicals in sunscreen?

Could you expand on this please?

OP, I use Nivea Daily Essentials with SPF 15 as a base. My foundation is SPF 17. I should probably go higher as I'm pale, but that's what I'm using at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Could you expand on this please?

OP, I use Nivea Daily Essentials with SPF 15 as a base. My foundation is SPF 17. I should probably go higher as I'm pale, but that's what I'm using at the moment.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/22/new-study-shows-many-sunscreens-are-accelerating-not-preventing-cancer.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I use an SPF50 base every day under my makeup (Vichy have a great matte one) and sounds like your skin is very dehydrated as people said, drink loads of water and a product like hydraluron would be great for helping your skin feel more hydrated

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abracadabra99

quinevere wrote: »
    i've tried freezeframe ihibox and wrinkle filler the results are instance !! the inibox is a little harder to use but the wrinkle filler is very easy to use and i can see the difference. i've also started a skin, hair and nail supplement to try and delay some of the signs of aging!!

Hi, Could you recommend a wrinkle filler? or let me know the one you are using. I have a couple of lines under my eyes and i'd like to try to prevent many more forming.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

FreezeFrame Wrinkle Filler gives long term, wrinkle reducing effect when used regularly of up to 63.13% in 28 days.
    Freezeframe has an instant freezing and smoothing effect on expression wrinkles including crows feet, frown and expression lines.

available in mccabes pharmacy they do demonstration in store if you want to try .

Thanks for that. I haven't used any eye creams before & was thinking of trying soap and glory you won't believe your eyes but i might try freezeframe instead now

Do you know if freezeframe works around the mouth too for fine lines?

Advertisement