Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone/TV/Internet in Glenmore!

Options
  • 24-01-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Myself and my wife have just bought a house 3 miles outside Glenmore in the direction of Mulinavat. We will Hopefully be moving in the next few weeks. Moving from Waterford city. (Dont worry I'm a kk native)

Can anyone enlighten me as to a descent internet provider in the area? Have Sky got there new internet system working yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Don't go with 3 anyway .......Their signal is crap everywhere .

The best BB is landline broadband , so e-mobile/eircom or maybe vodafone .

I know that Aptus do a brilliant rural BB , but not sure if they are in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Fugs!! wrote: »
    Myself and my wife have just bought a house 3 miles outside Glenmore in the direction of Mulinavat. We will Hopefully be moving in the next few weeks. Moving from Waterford city. (Dont worry I'm a kk native)

Can anyone enlighten me as to a descent internet provider in the area? Have Sky got there new internet system working yet?

How far out from Mullinavat are you? I live about 8KM from there but at that distance the broadband connection was unreliable (to the Mullinavat exchange, which is DSL2 enabled so nice and fast). If you're just up the road past the church then you'll be fine with any DSL provider.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hi Fugs,

Adsl broadband (broadband over a phone line) in your area would be via resold Eircom wholesale product known as bit-stream, companys that re-sell these include:
    - eircom
    - vodafone
    - sky
    - utv
    - digiweb
    etc

Now just because its a resold eircom product doesn't mean you should go with eircom by default, they are certainly not the cheapest and as such won't necessarily offer the best price.

basically if you can get broadband over your phoneline with eircom you can get it with any number of other providers including Sky when they release it.

If you already have a sky dish it may be worth waiting until Sky release their service to see what sort of discount you'll get, it'll likely be cheaper then anything eircom will be able to offer.

Advertisement