Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 2 Results

Options
  • 25-01-2013 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

The Jags and The Bucs wasted no time as this game was played within hours of the league advance.

The Jags received, and a very nice well crafted drive down the field ate a lot of 1st Q clock and ended with MJD running in a TD.

7-0 Jags at the end of the 1st.

The Bucs then got a chance to put together a very nice, methodical drive with short runs and short passes leading the charge down field. Brandon LaFell was particularly impressive with some great catches. But they were forced to settle for a FG. 7-3

The Jags then made their way back into Bucs territory, but a impact engine mishap by 2 receivers meant a FG was all that could be salvaged. 10-3.

The Buccs then had great success getting the ball to LaFell and TE Mosley, before Doug Martin ran in for the score, 10-10 with 30 seconds left in the half.

Some very nice throws by Tim Tebow saw the Jags kick a FG with 1 second left in the half.

Half Time: 13-10 Jags.

A very cagey game with cautious play from both continued in the 3rd, the only score coming from a Buccaneers field goal, and going into the 4th Quarter it was tied at 13-13. And it really was that close.

Both defences were struggling to stop the short game but coping well in general, and the Bucs stepped it up by forcing a punt, the first of the game, which went out at the Bucs 1 yard line. My punter Brian Angerer is rated 71 but he is an absolute beast. On 3rd down here, that man LaFell and his super-glue hands got the Bucs to the 40, but perhaps 1 time too many the ball was thrown his way, as Derek Cox jumped the route to grab himself a pick 6. The first turnover of the game, and a momentum shift. Jags lead 20-13 with 2:30 left.

Zagzebski, who was a target for the Jags in the draft, was very unlucky to see his next pass picked off, again he tried to find LaFell, again Cox was there for the INT. This gave the Jags great field position, and MJD in an attempt to run down the clock, went the whole way for the TD. 27-13.

There was still time for a VERY unlucky interception thrown by Zagzebski, a deep ball bounced off 2 Jags defenders before Dwight Landy grabbed it. The Jags ran out the clock and took their 2nd consecutive road win.

Final score: Jaguars 27-13 Buccaneers.

Player Stats:

Passing:
    Zagzebski: 13/24, 177yards, 0 TD, 3 INT.
    Tebow: 5/10, 111 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT.

Rushing:
    Martin: 20 att, 67 yards, 1 TD.
    Jones-Drew: 19 att, 165 yards, 2 TD.

Receiving:
    LaFell: 4 rec, 64 yards.
    Mosley: 4 rec, 49 yards.

Robinson: 2 rec, 38 yards.

Good game gufc, very even until the late turnovers. Good luck with the rest of the campaign.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals lose to Texans in OT!

Two turnovers near own goal line did Bengals in in 4th quarter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have really had enough of madden 13. Just a stupid game against big daddy. Running the ball and controlling the game and up by a score in the third, daddy punts I FC it it hits marianis head, colts recover and score 31 unanswered points including 3 puck 6's before a titans garbage time TD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Have really had enough of madden 13. Just a stupid game against big daddy. Running the ball and controlling the game and up by a score in the third, daddy punts I FC it it hits marianis head, colts recover and score 31 unanswered points including 3 puck 6's before a titans garbage time TD

I'm assuming your controller is embedded in your wall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Yeah this was a game The Colts didnt deserve to win, we were struggling big time til that happened, Luck started well for me, then threw 4 Interceptions, really have to sort that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Nelbert wrote: »

I'm just glad my headset is busted and could'nt use it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nelbert wrote: »

Wasn't far off!! It wasa very enjoyable gameto that point, colts were tough to stop in there air and c2j was pounding it in and madden decides it's time to screw over the titans!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

That happens sometimes if you fc to late, he could have been waving when ball landed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

My last game, you know the one with TWO kick returns also had the CPU run my secondary returner into the guy trying to catch a kickoff resulting on me starting at my seven yard line....lucky for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Redskins lose a division game? :eek:

Well done Eagles!
    That's certainly against the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

In what some people may call an upset (my self included) The Eagles beat the Redskins 27 -24.

Griffin had 22/28 for 252 2 TD's, 2 INT's and 37 Rushing
    Davis with 7 Receptions for 74 yards and 1 TD

"The Real Mobile QB" Michael Vick 17/26 for 268 3TD's and a whopping -4 yards rushing showing Griffin how's it's done.
    DeSean Jackson 6 cathes for 126 2 TD's

Great game Ben those two int's cost you..... Please go easy on me next time we play

• Advertisement

Well done Eagles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Cheers for the game Ian. First pick was the real killer in such a close game. Jackson and Vick were unstoppable! Very well deserved.

Just saw we are playing again in only a few game weeks. Already counting down the days :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Managed to lose to the CPU giants, all the NYG points came from 2 stafford pick 6's. need a new QB.

I was up 9-0 in the 4th quarter and in control on 3rd and goal when Stafford threw a pick 6 to make it 9-7, then I ran a few plays and the giants used their timeouts, I then decided to throw it on 3rd and 7,and Stafford throws another pick 6, 2 point conversion its 15-9, I can't do anything on offense and go 4 and out.

Horrible game, seemed to take about 7 sacks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Jets beat dolphins 31-3 . I had to drop Stephen Hill at WR . He caused 1 pick an dropped every thing .. The rookie I put in to replace him had 2 TDs .

Both running backs had decent games against an aggressive front for Miami .

Woodhead really is a game change good in my run game and a great option in the passing game .

To the eagles well played ! After nine turn overs in week 1 to come back with that performance fair play . Don't do it against me when we play tho ... Ok ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Still reeling from last minute heartbreak between raiders and packers! 13-13 and 20 secs left, packers return a kickoff for a touchdown just after I tied the game up.

Palmer threw 4 interceptions but hurt the most because two were in redzone! Great game by packers, cool as a breeze throwing that ball around and your defense coverage shut down Hester and H.Bay

Looking 4ward to next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Still reeling from last minute heartbreak between raiders and packers! 13-13 and 20 secs left, packers return a kickoff for a touchdown just after I tied the game up.

Palmer threw 4 interceptions but hurt the most because two were in redzone! Great game by packers, cool as a breeze throwing that ball around and your defense coverage shut down Hester and H.Bay

Looking 4ward to next week

DMC looked dangerous. Felt I got good pressure on Palmer without blitzing. Blitzed twice in the whole game I think. I've spent xp on the attributes that suit my schemes at CB and safety and its starting to take affect. Picking up Arrington in FA was a bit of a help too as he fits in well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

This season has started really well with some good upsets already and some tight games.

Hopefully, my game agaisnt Paddy keeps it going, we have a good rivalry since we were all part of the NFC North in Madden 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Cowboys beat Rams 28-14

First game disconnected with Dallas up 7-0 at 2 min warning in first half

Re-created score, and then all downhill for Rams. Fumble turnover, then a few INTs, one a pick-6 and suddenly it's 28-0.

Game kind of peters out then. Cowboys run it a lot, Rams score on a nice screen pass with blitz coming.

Turnovers, as always, we're big game-changer.

Good chatting Rory, best of luck with the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

When you throw the ball at Ed Reed and Ladarius Webb bad things happen :rolleyes:

Very tight game

Browns had a certain pick 6 and would have taken a late lead only for a saving tackle from Kaepernick!

Best team won, better on D, offense and special teams
    I can have no complaints

For the second week in a row the Browns take an early lead, battle hard and then lose :mad:

Turning point in the 4th quarter on 4th & 1.
    Browns with a 46yd FG to tie the game but have no confidence at kicking so go for it with a quick slant to the Tight End and it's dropped
    Never came back after that

Good game Pudsy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

49ers beat cards 20-17 in a very close game, Larry Fitzgerald alone drove to 49ers 12 yard line, with 15 seconds to go and then freeman got picked off!
    Gutted but great game Ali
    Hope your Xbox stays RROD free
    Freeman completed 19 for 272
    Smith completed 10 for 225
    Larry Fitzgerald 12 catches for 180 yards
    Vernon Davis 4 catches for 140!
    Wells 12 rushes for 26
    Gore 11 rushes for 20
    Freeman 1 rush for 25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Saints beat the Bears 49-14.

Bears had an absolute nightmare. 6 turnovers altogether (and a recovered fumble). Cutler had three interceptions and at the start of the 4th he fumbled and broke his collarbone. Not a good day. The following couple of plays saw Bears 7th round draft pick throw another 2 picks before the Saints simply run the clock down for the remaining 6 minutes.

Brees threw for only 91 yards, 2 TDs and threw 3 picks. Having said that if I wasn't so far ahead I would hope I wouldn't have thrown such dodgy passes.

Sproles had 129 yards off 12 attempts while Thomas had 69 off 14 attempts. and a TD while Jed Collins had 9 yards and a TD from 3 attempts.

Cutler had a poor day, 155 yards from connecting on 12/18 attempts with 3 picks thrown too and only 1 TD. The Bears other TD coming from a pick 6.

Bears running game also found it hard to get going from both HBs only 24 yards from 16 attempts.

The only good thing I think the Bears can take away from this game is that their offensive line was excellent at stopping the pass rush, couldn't get near the QB apart from the Cutler incident. Also their receiver corps looked good with the 155 yards being spread evenly between them all.

Unlucky Paddy, hope you have a bit more luck in your future games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Raoul wrote: »
    Saints beat the Bears 49-14.

Bears had an absolute nightmare. 6 turnovers altogether (and a recovered fumble). Cutler had three interceptions and at the start of the 4th he fumbled and broke his collarbone. Not a good day. The following couple of plays saw Bears 7th round draft pick throw another 2 picks before the Saints simply run the clock down for the remaining 6 minutes.

Brees threw for only 91 yards, 2 TDs and threw 3 picks. Having said that if I wasn't so far ahead I would hope I wouldn't have thrown such dodgy passes.

Sproles had 129 yards off 12 attempts while Thomas had 69 off 14 attempts. and a TD while Jed Collins had 9 yards and a TD from 3 attempts.

Cutler had a poor day, 155 yards from connecting on 12/18 attempts with 3 picks thrown too and only 1 TD. The Bears other TD coming from a pick 6.

Bears running game also found it hard to get going from both HBs only 24 yards from 16 attempts.

The only good thing I think the Bears can take away from this game is that their offensive line was excellent at stopping the pass rush, couldn't get near the QB apart from the Cutler incident. Also their receiver corps looked good with the 155 yards being spread evenly between them all.

Unlucky Paddy, hope you have a bit more luck in your future games.

Well played you were well on top before the Cutler injury I just couldn't get to grips with Sproles all game. I Picked up Matt Moore Cutler is out for 8 weeks I have an operation on my shoulder to tomorrow I'm now hoping I wont be able to play for a few weeks so I dont have to use him.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Messy game in Heinz Field as the The Steelers overcame the Seahawks 40-38.

Big Ben will want to forget this one as he threw 5 interceptions, at least 3 of which were returned. These huge defensive play kept the Seahawks in with a shout until the very end. The Ballhawks, as they now should be known as, struggled to move the ball after Sidney Rice left the game injured.

Fear not Seattle fans, he will be back for the next game.

The opening few plays were cracking as Flacco gave up a safety on the opening drive and then Terrance May gave the ball back as he fumbled his punt return.

Words of warning to the league, this Seattle defence is for real. If Lynch hits beast mode, expect the Ballhawks to make a play off run.

Steelers have a new look Cincy next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs overcome the Broncos with rookie QB Merrian throwing 3TD's early, one after a kickoff fumble recovery. Charles and Green had TD's while Demaryius Thomas caught a great TD pass for the Broncos only score.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chiefs 45 Broncos 7
    And believe it could have been alot more.
    Chiefs are a different class,can read the game so well.
    Game was sewn up in the 1st quarter with 3 td's from the chiefs.also tds from charles,the first a short run in while the 2nd was a long run straight through the middle and once Charles has space,gluk.
    On the other side Broncos were just terrible,one of those days where every call was bad and just being outclassed really.
    Still enjoyed the game,Berty was very helpful once again with a few pointers and will be a force to be reckoned with this year I think.
    GG

*ah at least thats over,so who's next.......THE JETS!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I know that feel Perrin, I've got 2 tough divisional games against Colts and Titans and then Cheifs and Jets as my next 4!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I know that feel Perrin, I've got 2 tough divisional games against Colts and Titans and then Cheifs and Jets as my next 4!

At least one win for you there mikey!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

At least one win for you there mikey!

Hopefully against the Titans ;)

That's what I meant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

That's what I meant!

Nah It'll be against the Colts, Just about beat the CPU Texans in week 1, very lucky to beat you last week, think my luck will run out tonight.

Advertisement