Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Expectations and Goals

Options
  • 25-01-2013 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

I know we're all into week 2 now but meant to start this thread up last week but didn't have the time. So what are your goals for the upcoming season?

Mine:

1. I want to secure number 1 seed again aiming for another 14-2 season
    2. Enhance my passing game more. This has already worked in my first game as I found 7 different receivers and only one for more than 4 receptions. Want to have as many weapons on the field as possible.
    3. Avoid the bonehead games. Had a couple of games last year where although I won, I threw too many picks.
    4. Develop RGIII more. He now has SAC/MAC/DAC/PAC all at 89 so he is getting better and better. Hoping for another high QBR season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Try and develop my rookie QB and make the playoffs again After that anything else is a bonus. In the playoffs you just never know and I definitely exceeded my expectations in Season 1. I have no doubts that I was the beneficiary of Dave's broken hand and Ben being in the middle of his exams.

I predict a Jets - Redskins Superbowl....you heard it here first !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

1. Win the Division
    2. Play better defense, i.e cut down on the big plays and WR running open.
    3. Run the ball more, at least 50% of the time
    4. Run the ball better, can't run it half the time if I'm not running it well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Some good threads this morning!

1) Be more intelligent with Locker in my passing game. I was going well last night and when i went to a pass i shouldn't have it got picked. My aim is to throw under 15 ints for the season.

2) Use Johnson more on the ground and not in the air. You RB should not lead your team in yards received! So have C2J run it and it seems from the 1 game so far the Leach/C2J combo is working well.

3) Be less porous on the passing D!

4) Don't get embarrassed by the Jags :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

1) Retain the division
    2) Go further in the play offs
    3) Beat one of the "Holy Trinity" (Ben, Berty, Dave) Think I can only play Ben in the Superbowl, so that would be nice.
    4) Generate a better pass rush, I think most of my sacks last year were coverage sacks.
    5) Have a 1,000 yard rusher. I was stopped around 40 shy last year by The Browns and their go for the knees tactics. (If you can't beat him, break him, is what I was told)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

1. Get better at medium range passes. All I ever do is long bombs!
    2. I'm exceptionally vunerable to runs outside, even in Madden 11 I was getting burned, must improve
    3. Under 20 picks
    4. Top 10 D
    5. I'll be happy with 10-6 and a wildcard spot
    etloveslsd wrote: »
    5) Have a 1,000 yard rusher. I was stopped around 40 shy last year by The Browns and their go for the knees tactics. (If you can't beat him, break him, is what I was told)

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Throw less Interceptions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

1) to have the number 1 defense on league
    2) hold teams to less than 80 yards rushing per game
    3) to have less than 18 interceptions
    4) to improve my redone offense
    5) To win it all !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

1) stop throwing enough interceptions to have lost game b4 3rd quarter
    2) run a good defense
    3) run more ( or will I???)
    4) have a winning season!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

1) To retain the AFC South divisional title.
    2) I have a VERY tough schedule this year, 10-6 would be great.
    3) Pass better. I am already starting to make better passes, but I always very short on yardage passing.
    4) A playoff win would be huge.
    5) Keep my 1st round draft pick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

*I ain't going to win the division, so making the wildcard round is a good goal.

*Share the load, Gronk doesn't have to do it all. Welker, Lloyd and Hernandez are all acceptable targets.

*Throw less interceptions. Don't have a specific number in mind, just anything better than last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Get to the Playoffs! And if I get there and play the saints, seek epic 4 hour vengeance!

implement some of my defensive adjustments to move beyond the high turnover playmaker based idea and produce more 3 and outs.

Take less gambles with A Rod. He's so good you tend to foce passes. Take what's there and have more long controlled drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

1. Get to the playoffs.
    2. Beat each of my divisional rivals at least once.
    3. Cut down on stupid INTs
    4. Try to vary my run game, it was pathetic last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bengals

Throw less interceptions!
    Win more than 4 games! - Actually I want to make playoffs...
    Smarter offense in general....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

NekoChan wrote: »
    Bengals

Win more than 4 games! - Actually I want to make playoffs...

Thems fighting words.....LOVE IT!!!!!

The Steelers accept your challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Throw less Interceptions!!!
    Mine is still the same as i posted here, its to throw less interceptions, 6 in 2 games so far, unacceptable

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I know th feeling.. Was going well til our game daddy! Next game will just give it to Johnson!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Add more balance to my attack, by developing passing game. Hopefully can do this now with a great TE, two quite good WR's and a solid slot WR.

However, this will probably lead me to fail in my second goal: reducing INTs (a recurring theme it seems)

Make the playoffs

I know th feeling.. Was going well til our game daddy! Next game will just give it to Johnson!
    Sorry who is Daddy, there was a lad here called BDC, but he is retired, Gone, Finished and never to heard from again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

My aims are...

1. Win the division and reach the divisional round.
    2. Better game managment, more running.
    3. 10+ wins

Mine is still the same as i posted here, its to throw less interceptions, 6 in 2 games so far, unacceptable

Make that 13 in 3 games. just had a nightmare game against the Jags

• Advertisement
Advertisement