Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evic or Vamo

Options
  • 25-01-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

So my two trusty go-to batteries, regular egos, died on me over the past week. I dropped one an the inner battery popped out and the other no longer holds a charge. I'm looking for an upgrade and after reading and watching many reviews I'm still undecided. Both devices seem to work out around the same price once you add all the necessary accessories for the vamo. I vape almost exclusively on T3s. I pretty sure I'll need an adaptor for the vamo but not sure about the evic!? How do the two compare size wise? Any thoughts/recommendations appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

The evic is the better choice for me, it's smaller lighter by a lot.
    It will work with the t3 without an adapter.
    If you are going to carry it around I recommend the 18350 tube it will be a lot closer in size and weight to the ego batteries your used to.

I had a vamo first and it has just sat in the draw since I got the evic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If you're certain you're not going to be rebuilding for low ohms/high wattage or using dual-coils in the future, the price Bargain Vapour have the eVic at is a steal.

The Vamo is around 1cm longer in 18650 mode.

grindle wrote: »
    If you're certain you're not going to be rebuilding for low ohms/high wattage or using dual-coils in the future, the price Bargain Vapour have the eVic at is a steal.

The Vamo is around 1cm longer in 18650 mode.

I'm running a t3 now, that I wound at 1.3ohms and it works fine on the evic.
    How low do you go?
    What is the lower limit on the vamo?
    What is the lower limit on the evic?

That 1.3ohm coil can only be pushed to 3.1v/3.2v on the eVic before the amp limit kicks in and scales any of the higher settings back. Can't go 8watts or higher with that low ohm a coil.
    Those are Joyetech's updated numbers so don't take my word for it, take their word for it.
    The eVic also has an 11watt limit which is verging on pointless for a dual coil (max of 5.5watts per coil).

Vamo has a 15watt limit in single battery mode. Too hot for a single coil for me, but with two coils 7.5watts per coil is really good.

In stacked RMS voltage mode the amp limit on the Vamo gets increased and you could run above 25 watts (only for oddballs like GrimmGreen who like magma-burnt vapes or those who might like to try a triple-coil).

grindle wrote: »
    That 1.3ohm coil can only be pushed to 3.1v/3.2v on the eVic before the amp limit kicks in and scales any of the higher settings back. Can't go 8watts or higher with that low ohm a coil.
    Those are Joyetech's updated numbers so don't take my word for it, take their word for it.
    The eVic also has an 11watt limit which is verging on pointless for a dual coil (max of 5.5watts per coil).

Vamo has a 15watt limit in single battery mode. Too hot for a single coil for me, but with two coils 7.5watts per coil is really good.

In stacked RMS voltage mode the amp limit on the Vamo gets increased and you could run above 25 watts (only for oddballs like GrimmGreen who like magma-burnt vapes or those who might like to try a triple-coil).

Right I see, its for extreme vaping then :D 25watts wtf is he vaping or launching a space craft?

• Advertisement

25watts wtf is he vaping or launching a space craft?

Well, if he was into building dual-coils I suppose that's what he'd like, 'cos he vapes at 11-12watts on a single coil (bleurgh).

Extreme Vaping needs to become a thing for the next Olympics. Can't be anymore boring than curling or golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 orourkk3

Thanks for the comments so far guys. I havent ventured in the world of rebuildables yet neither do I plan to. Where might I find an 18350 tube for the evic, this side of the Atlantic preferably? If I got one of these would I be able to use an efest battery in it? I was always swaying towards the evic but wanted some user opionions before I took the plunge.

orourkk3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments so far guys. I havent ventured in the world of rebuildables yet neither do I plan to. Where might I find an 18350 tube for the evic, this side of the Atlantic preferably? If I got one of these would I be able to use an efest battery in it? I was always swaying towards the evic but wanted some user opionions before I took the plunge.

I got mine here http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-568.html , not anyone else selling them.
    The efest batteries work fine but the AW's are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Weird I just went to look at Cloud9vaping there, I was convinced they had the 18350 tubes. But they only have the 18650 tubes.
    Bleh. I think ill buy one myself anyway, the slidy tube on the evic scares me. I dropped my anodised bolt a few times and thats a bloody solid mod, i am not so confident of the evic as much as i love it.

Kir Fanis is making tubes for the eVic, selling on UKV.
    Price list

1.SS polished Telescope set (includes-telescope tubes for all batteries/top cap/bottom cap): 44 eur
    2.SS polished Telescope tubes only (you can use yours top and bottom caps):25 eur
    3.SS polished 18350 tube :16 eur
    4.SS polished 18500 tube :19 eur
    5.SS polished 18650 tube:20 eur
    6.SS polished top cap:12 eur
    7.SS polished bottom cap:7 eur

Next Monday 28/01 i will be ready to ship
    Worldwide shipping cost with track number is 6 eur . Prices includes paypal commission

• Advertisement

they look nice

They look beautiful, much nicer than the original yoke.
    I'd be all over it if they doubled all of it's limits.
    All over it, like...slathered.
    Imagine if he made it so the eVic head was alongside the battery compartment...
    I wish I paid attention in metalwork/had a lathe or CNC machine/was an engineer.

Advertisement