Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Delivery in Heavy Rain

Options
  • 25-01-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Expecting an oil delivery today, just wondering will they deliver in heavy rain.

Morris oil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I would assume they have overcome heavy rain before :P, but unless your living near a mud pit there shouldn't be any problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Expecting an oil delivery today, just wondering will they deliver in heavy rain.

Morris oil.

Am sure they will - they are more likely to have problems on a sunny day as they have probably never delivered on one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Oil be damned if they don't.

Ok, I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Not to be smart, but would you not just ring them and ask?

We can only speculate, and some of that is bound to be unhelpful! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

why would u go on boards to ask if they deliver in the rain fcuk sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

Morris oil.

they wont deeliver in heavyrain they will deliver in a heavy truck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

why would u go on boards to ask if they deliver in the rain fcuk sake

mind the oul ticker there boi :D

Heart-02-june.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

This must be in the running for most banal this year :D

Of course they'll deliver in the rain, just be careful if they need to run the pipe through your house it might make a mess, put some oul sheets of newspaper down on the floor :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Did you get the oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Nicely topped up now:) What I was really getting at was if it was bucketing down when he arrived could he still fill the tank as surely some water must get in as the opening is about 6"diameter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭ljpg

Nicely topped up now:) What I was really getting at was if it was bucketing down when he arrived could he still fill the tank as surely some water must get in as the opening is about 6"diameter.

it does get in,its inevitable,i recently drained out my oil tank completly and there was a right owl sup of water at the bottom,it wont mix with the oil and will stay seperated,(oil on top,water on bottom)if enough water got in though that would be a problem,the valve coming out of the tank a little above the bottom of the tank,so if enough water got in it would lift the oil and make its way down the pipe and into the burner,then your in trouble.

Advertisement