Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raspbmc (XBMC) on Raspberry Pi

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

AntiRip wrote: »
    I asked this question on another thread but might get some help here. I need to overwrite the real debrid py file as I'm having problems using premium resolver.

I'm using Putty to SSH into the Pi but can't list any directories with the ls command.

On PC/iPad the location of the resolvers py files are in \XBMC\addons\script.module.urlresolver\lib\urlresolver\plugins

Anyone know is it possible to do this with Raspxbmc on Pi?

if you are in home/pi directory. Which you should be if you SSH with pi@raspberry on a default install. Then cd to .xbmc instead of xbmc, you should then be able to see addons\script.module.urlresolver\lib\urlresolver\plugins with ls.

ls wont show .xbmc as it is a hidden folder

EDIT: Just saw your post in another thread. Are you using RASPBMC or OPENELEC. RASPBMC definitely has the ls command in there by default. I would assume it is in there on OPENELEC to, but maybe they stripped it out (can't see why).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

TheDoc wrote: »
    Still having problems here only today is a new one.

So with NOOBS being released figure I'd lash that on and use it and mess around until I got a signal via HDMI.

Only problem now is that when I'm going to load NOOBS my SD Card is acting funny. It's jumping from being a FAT32 to being RAW, and when I'm copying over files it keeps saying files are too big, even though its only 1 GB folder with 8GB on the card.

Formatting with the recommended tool seems to do nothing.

Bout to rip my hair out at this stage, was fine and a piece of piss to setup when I first got it, think it does to show my feelings towards Linux based tools in general, what should be a simple process is overly complex bundled with 101 errors and failures with no indication or symptoms of the problem

SD card pricing is an absolute rip off in Ireland, but if anyone wants to recommend one that can be bought in Tesco, I'm heading to my local 24/7 one to see the variety they have

From what I've found, RASPBMC tends to be slightly more temperamental with SD cards than the stock raspian wheezy. No idea why, but I think Sam Nzarko said Kingston in particular were problematic (I've a few transcend and SanDisk which seem fine). I do somehow have a problem with one of my pi's: it will not run raspbmc, put the SD card with raspbmc on it into the other two, and it runs fine, that one pi, and it wont load. Every other distro runs fine.

Are you just copying the image over to the SD card? Maybe try write it with USBit (http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/). I'd probably just go with the raspian wheezy if you are having hdmi output problems. I think you have to select which distro to use during initial boot, and I dunno if that works over SSH, or if you can ssh in before selecting the os.

And yes, SSH should be enabled by default now.

Seems strange that the lights are going on if the OS isn't loading. I'd also be inclined to measure the voltage across TP1 and TP2 just to make sure it isn't somehow a power issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

arodabomb wrote: »

EDIT: Just saw your post in another thread. Are you using RASPBMC or OPENELEC. RASPBMC definitely has the ls command in there by default. I would assume it is in there on OPENELEC to, but maybe they stripped it out (can't see why).

Yes ls is part of any Openelec OS I have tried

Try using

ls -a

to display all files and folders including hidden ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

ls doesn't do anything but ls -a did the trick thanks!

yf9c.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I used FileZilla (Use Port 22 to view the .xmbc directory) to transfer the file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Yes ls is part of any Openelec OS I have tried

Try using

ls -a

to display all files and folders including hidden ones.
    The reason ls does nothing is that all files and directories begin with .
    Typically, those beginning with a . are normally hidden files.
    ls -a lists all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Leiva wrote: »
    I dont know what OS you have flashed the SD with but to force HDMI out put you need to go into:

and enter the following:

if there is no config.txt file in the boot folder then simple create one.
    I had to also add:
    hdmi_drive=2

To get sound.

Advertisement