Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sergio Garcia - Major Winner!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Mommy make the bad man go away.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Perhaps we can just let this particular line of chat die off....before we need to start getting "moddy" with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Yea I suppose you're right, if there was no heckling then there would be no bad behaviour, so they fans are to blame for sergios tantrums using that logic.

I never said that.

All I'm saying is two wrongs don't make a right. If my son goes to watch golf , I'd find club throwing a bad example, when the golfer then steps on the next tee to take his shot. If a few people start heckling the player , I'd also see that as a bad example.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I don't get it, wonderful shot from a tree and then a complete high handicapper shot from the centre of the fairway i.e. a duff?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

He has withdrawn! What's that about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

He has withdrawn! What's that about?

Play has been suspended.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake. Seems he has done a Rory.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I know that but he has withdrawn, will not be going back out when play resumes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Thank god he couldn't tie the knot

link_2007 wrote: »
    Seems he has done a Rory.
    LOL :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

link_2007 wrote: »
    Seems he has done a Rory.

He's won two majors and become world no. 1? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Interesting that he withdrew. Anyone know why.

I think that jump down was a bit foolhardy - I could do that in my 20s, but in my 30s I would think I could do that , then my knee would be sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

official line is that he injured his back playing that shot out of the try as far as I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

YayaBanana wrote: »

How could anyone not love sergio when you something like that :D

How could anyone not love sergio when you something like that :D

A bit daft if injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

He does add to the entertainment value although not always in a good way with his frequent tantrums. In addition to the above tree shot from Sun he also attempted to hit a submerged ball from a lake on Sat (can't find a clip of it online). The ball was totally submerged by a good few inches and although the ball did exit through the surface it didn't clear the hazard and he ended up having to take a drop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think that jump down was a bit foolhardy - I could do that in my 20s, but in my 30s I would think I could do that , then my knee would be sore.
    official line is that he injured his back playing that shot out of the try as far as I know?

At least he did what any self respecting man would do in the same situation!

1. Ok, you just did something daft but looked cool
    2. You feel a massive pain as a result
    3. Act as if absolutely nothing is wrong... maybe even give a smile to suggest "That was easy"
    4. Then, when people aren't looking.... start crying like a baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

He only withdrew after play was stopped, so he obviously didnt want to hang around for another day just to play six holes in a tournament he has no chance of getting a decent finish in. If play hadnt been postponed, he would have finished the round in my opinion, wouldnt pay much attention to this talk of being injured

seanl77 wrote: »
    He only withdrew after play was stopped, so he obviously didnt want to hang around for another day just to play six holes in a tournament he has no chance of getting a decent finish in. If play hadnt been postponed, he would have finished the round in my opinion, wouldnt pay much attention to this talk of being injured

Was a very big jump down.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

seanl77 wrote: »

It was quite a jump...perhaps he loosened a tooth? ;)

• Advertisement

Stupidity, I was watching the live feed on the pgatour website and couldn't believe the haste with with he jumped out of the tree after his shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

slave1 wrote: »
    Stupidity, I was watching the live feed on the pgatour website and couldn't believe the haste with with he jumped out of the tree after his shot.

In fairness, he eased himself down as much as he could before he leaped and what else was he going to do? He needed to get down and there was only one way.

Well, he could have tried to climb down or waited for someone to get him a ladder but then he would have had to hand back his man card. :eek:

Better hop down quickly and even if there's a bit of pain (and there usually is in the feet), act like you do this all the time and everything's fine. :cool:

He could have called the cart back over (that he needed to get up there) and alighted on it and then onto the ground, I just think he missed thinking about perspective and damage he could do to himself.
    Anyhow, no sympathy here, he's a big boy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

surely garcia was penalised for slow play on this shot?
    cant have been too many trees around his house growing up
    my granny woulda made a better job of getting up and down outa there

After choking towards the end of his final round on the AsianTour he just snaked a monster putt on the first playoff hole, 2 guys eliminated and just him and one other lad left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

at last.........
    wjcZTrb6Cqdlkke6UKKgpc-LeRMpToYKNvaYgDxlAyFwQ2YfuFxFhJpmuOJDCRI3pOUIiyq3rJyM7dQUU08ASva_HApd5hPaV95GQ-q046pXo9yXgrd6DpMIUZ3BNPxNuP76ZwjYN0N4VdxCG6dWxq1fC8LUAmQ5xTnDaA0d8Zk_3olpsfSkXe-oO4wkpjpMbptj5T_N4xLIcuvmBQc2a9iZhCoSWmMA5HkvuDwMOQ4AC6bRKt3PCtLeW1APn7AFYLPUAB-xiUgma9tedWrOLls2X7hSwi1Jol1dS6QQ9PV6riK1cSowFfBKIS251ijh-BVInJ2wLeN8F6xzpfanGtYL6u6mk7a5Sqcy7KY0qFKFAjzN7Z4l8RGIU1J4LcUQX11PS7Khs_-hELqASj8tUVRm_QRS-NvCzwJEnuVM02Swm5cAVF9XtLshLwSsu-rSSv3W84z6l8z_KksgpPhuYSnE2kPU9gP01SXP14azNlIQizonCCdGmee8Hci-_UHhZBbm3LcX34j11wZZL1prMsZyuOYhh7DJBapCmx0uWUG82SDKOfdA8PXIByPoqfGM7jFqZLic62ydDCAatXEt83xKcXjYabXElYbUznJc_BSl5w231GFZSA=w1600-h667-no

Thread title updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭valoren

Open Champion 2017??
    Heard it here first! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Anyone remember the time he bate the bejaysus out of the bunker? Or the time he spat in the cup? Or the time he took to twitter to pay homage to fast food workers?

He's a gas card alright. Can't stand the sight of him. But a bit of me says about time, he deserves one. Just a little bit of me now.:-)

• Advertisement

Anyone remember the time he bate the bejaysus out of the bunker? Or the time he spat in the cup? Or the time he took to twitter to pay homage to fast food workers?

He's a gas card alright. Can't stand the sight of him. But a bit of me says about time, he deserves one. Just a little bit of me now.:-)

Agree,

There seems to be a bit of collective amnenia when it comes to our mate Sergio. :)

Advertisement