Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcycle Gear in Dublin

• 25-01-2013 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey guys ill be in Dublin for this coming weekend and wanted to pick up some gear, boots in particular but if i came across an affordable jacket id probably pick that up too.

Can anyone recommend a few places for me have a look in, preferably in the city centre if possible but no biggy if its a small bit out. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Hey guys ill be in Dublin for this coming weekend and wanted to pick up some gear, boots in particular but if i came across an affordable jacket id probably pick that up too.

Can anyone recommend a few places for me have a look in, preferably in the city centre if possible but no biggy if its a small bit out. Thanks.

Cotters is one of the main ones, and you could try Bikeworld too.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

Also mega bikes on Wexford Street, within walking distance of city center

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You wont get a decent jacket in Bikeworld for cheap money, you deffo will in cotters but it will not be anything special. If you are in Dublin head north to Drogheda and you will get a boots and jacket. If not cotters is your best bet if you dont mind ****ty service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Didn't know there was a shop that central in the city in the form of mega bikes, will be handy to pop into. If websites are anything to go by it looks like cotters will have what i'm looking for. Thanks for the reply's lads.

Dont let the website put you off megabikes they have a good range of stock especially boots and gloves. Lids are plenty full too, cheap textiles would not be there "THANG" so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

I know it nice to supppppppport Irish jobs but when it comes to saving a quick spin up to Newry and you will get the best of gear for less than half of what you pay down here even if you want to buy some cheap stuff it still works out better to head north, plus you have a nice spin.
    Last trip I bought a lid that costs 700 euro down here for 400, gloves that cost 140 for 30 and a lid for her self that cost 250 down here for 100 and thats converting the dollers too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

So OP how did you get on? Did you get what you wanted?

Odysseus wrote: »
    So OP how did you get on? Did you get what you wanted?

My shopping trip was a complete disaster, mainly due to my ignorance and taking for granted that the places would be open in some way shape or form on sunday, everywhere i checked was closed. And i got saturated in the ridiculous rain into the bargain. Lesson harshly learned :(

Well dont feel like an even BIGGER EEEJJITTTT and go looking tomorrow (Monday) coz they closed then too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Im hopefully gonna have a few quid for gear in the next few days and then have to decide where to go to buy stuff.

I dont mind driving up north if needed.

I will hopefully have about 400 euro and need jacket, trousers and gloves.
    Would love to grab a s900 fro mthe helmetcity online sale too, lol.. although i doubt there will be anything left from the 400 after i get the stuff i actually need.

• Advertisement

Was in Cottors on sat and you should get sorted up there Gary. You dont want petrol money up and back and a bite to eat in Burger King in the M1 service station eating into the budget.

They did have some cheap Richa gear on sat IIRC.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was in Cottors on sat and you should get sorted up there Gary. You dont want petrol money up and back and a bite to eat in Burger King in the M1 service station eating into the budget.

They did have some cheap Richa gear on sat IIRC.

Cool. Sure i will be heading out for a look around on tuesday or wednesday.
    I dont need anything top of the line but sure anything will be better than the tripe akito stuff i have at the moment.

Defo gonna grab a richa typhoon suit asap. For the textiles im just looking for something warm, waterproof and with decent armor.

Well if you are on a real budget buy the cheapest textile suit with the armour, does not have to be waterproof. Then buy 2 piece rain gear for €50 and stick it on over it. Sorted for half the price...

I have the RST Paragon II series textiles that are waterproof but I stick my Hein Gericke 2 piece over it any way for a bit extra heat and protection from the elements when on long spins.

Dont pay mad money for waterproof stuff especially if its not the goretex brand go with the rain suit (not a 1 piece)

Yeah true enough dude. My main issue with my current textiles apart from not being waterproof is they stitching is bursting and fraying in a lot of places.

Sure im gonna take trip up to cotters tomorrow and see what they have.

With the rain suit i dont really mind if its one piece or two piece. I will have a poke around cotters and ebay for that.

Gonna try on a s900 while im there aswell to get the size right then grab one from helmet city. Its a bargain at 140

They do have a super range of Sharks in, about 30 helmets I would say. Trust me on the rain suit DO NOT GET A ONE PIECE, they are an absolute **** to get on and off. And the 2 piece is more or less the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    They do have a super range of Sharks in, about 30 helmets I would say. Trust me on the rain suit DO NOT GET A ONE PIECE, they are an absolute **** to get on and off. And the 2 piece is more or less the same money.

I agree:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JSheridan81

Hey if you still looking for the gear then Megabikes on Wexford st are doing a great deal.... Jacket, trousers, boots and a I think a helmet for 400 euro

Thanks JSheridan81. As of the other day i have all my gear got though. But ill be heading up to the bike show next week and was gonna be on the hunt for a nice leather jacket and was planning on heading into megabikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JSheridan81

Thanks JSheridan81. As of the other day i have all my gear got though. But ill be heading up to the bike show next week and was gonna be on the hunt for a nice leather jacket and was planning on heading into megabikes.
    No problem pal. Going myself on the sunday. On the lookout for a 2nd bike. Should be a great event. Would love to make the saturday but cant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement