Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tread softly or they will steal you away ....

Options
  • 25-01-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Just heard that the Bronze plaque in Drumcliff with the poem "He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" on it went missing last night .. not sure if the they took the sculputure of the kneeling man or just the poem section .. I'm sure its well damaged....scumbags!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

was just talking about bronze public art being stolen yesterday at a meeting. I think its being shipped off and melted down. There was a plaque dedicated to World War 1 war hero taken from the county museum in Letterkenny 3 days ago, there was also a 28 stone priceless bronze bell stolen from a church in Kerry last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

This just makes me sick, and there is nothing we can do to stop it and boy don't they know it. Money money money and not a damn care for our heritage and community.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Was getting the haircut in town today and Alfie was telling me about it. These thieving scum will steal anything, being the lowest form of scum they are.

Advertisement