Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were does a payg electricity meter go

Options
  • 25-01-2013 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi could anyone help me on this i am thinking on getting a payg meter for my electricty  as i already have one for  my gas.my question is is it installed in my meter box outside like my gas one or is it installed inside

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Amoamyford,

A customer with Electric Ireland would need to apply for a pay-as-you-go meter and is assessed as to their eligibility. They are required to meet particular criteria, mainly: certain arrears, certain credit rating, the property cannot be a flat/apartment. Different procedure for obtaining a PAYG gas meter with us.

The PAYG meter is installed wherever the meter box is, it can be either indoors or outdoors.

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement