Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pest Ex or Rodent De-terrerr

• 25-01-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

Sorry I know this is probably in the wrong place but cant find where it should be..

Anywho, going to cook dinner the last night I pulled out what was a full big bag of pasta to find a little hole in the middle and all the pasta gone. We got a mouse. Never thought they would go for raw pasta but the little bugger out of all that was in the cupboard went for the bag of pasta, had started on the spag a little further down.

Anywho Id say his gone but was wondering about getting one of those Pest Ex, or well asking the landlord to get one. Do they really work! or what is the best way besides the poisin...

Any suggestions welcome, we taped up the hole so we could see if they come back

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sorry I know this is probably in the wrong place but cant find where it should be..

Anywho, going to cook dinner the last night I pulled out what was a full big bag of pasta to find a little hole in the middle and all the pasta gone. We got a mouse. Never thought they would go for raw pasta but the little bugger out of all that was in the cupboard went for the bag of pasta, had started on the spag a little further down.

Anywho Id say his gone but was wondering about getting one of those Pest Ex, or well asking the landlord to get one. Do they really work! or what is the best way besides the poisin...

Any suggestions welcome, we taped up the hole so we could see if they come back

A mouse trap...

Put some bread on it,and cover the bread with some chocolate spread,like nutella.

Works every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

A cat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

MrFrisp wrote: »
    A mouse trap...

Put some bread on it,and cover the bread with some chocolate spread,like nutella.

Works every time.

Wouldn't advise providing an alternative menu for the yoke. :D You're best getting a professional in as I reckon that wont be the last of it. Where's there's one, there's more.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Mouse traps always worked the odd time there was a mouse in the house when we were young. Used get one or two after a cold snap as they seemed to come in for warmth. Don't see why a professional is needed costing a hundred euro when a 1euro trap will do. What's changed? Unless there are loads of them of course.

Wouldn't advise providing an alternative menu for the yoke. :D You're best getting a professional in as I reckon that wont be the last of it. Where's there's one, there's more.......

True....But if you catch the first one or two that move in first,,it's half the battle won.
    Only way to find out is try.:D

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Mouse traps always worked the odd time there was a mouse in the house when we were young. Used get one or two after a cold snap as they seemed to come in for warmth. Don't see why a professional is needed costing a hundred euro when a 1euro trap will do. What's changed? Unless there are loads of them of course.

Loads of them = Lots of €1 traps. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Haha so lots of traps with nutella and a cat..delighted with the Cat idea as I really really want one... I don't know I just don't like the idea of the traps, what if it cut a bit of its body off and then it went on into the hole and died and just started to be smelly..think that would be bad.. No sign of the chap back yet... Someone out there must have some experience with a pest ex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Joking aside you need to seal up the house.
    You would be surprised too as I was years ago - I saw field mice climbing up the pebble dash on the outside of our old house, they were then on the porch roof and were able to get in.
    So seal up all little cracks around the outside of the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

MrFrisp wrote: »

Loads of them = Lots of €1 traps. ;)

As just the wipe the blood off and reuse it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh god blood. I had a look outside but there is no hole, so it seems tis going somewhere else. We blocked up the hole, and put tape where they were coming in so well see If they come back. Will tell the landlord too but I wouldn't see him doing anything about it his a tool

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh god blood. I had a look outside but there is no hole, so it seems tis going somewhere else. We blocked up the hole, and put tape where they were coming in so well see If they come back. Will tell the landlord too but I wouldn't see him doing anything about it his a tool

Don't underestimate how small the hole can be...They can get through nearly any hole,no matter the size.

Don't worry too much about blood..Normally the traps are a good clean kill.
    I don't mean to put you off,,but most of the kills would be the bar from the trap to the back of the head/neck. It rarely breaks the skin.

Advertisement