Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny in Davos

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Eh, my suggestion is to elect the best government possible at an election, I think we have the best of a bad lot

See I think that's part of the problem - the best if a bad lot. Personally, I think we deserve more than that. It seems daily, something happens in the Dail that is immoral, illegal, unfair or unjust but because it happens so often, some people have just become used to it.

My thinking may be too black and white but the misuse of funding, while not earth shattering, is still wrong. I don't see why they are getting away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

MintyDoris wrote: »
    See I think that's part of the problem - the best if a bad lot. Personally, I think we deserve more than that. It seems daily, something happens in the Dail that is immoral, illegal, unfair or unjust but because it happens so often, some people have just become used to it.

My thinking may be too black and white but the misuse of funding, while not earth shattering, is still wrong. I don't see why they are getting away with it

But do we deserve a better government ?
    How can we expect to have better governments when the electorate still vote in the chancers like o'dea, lowry, etc.
    If ahern, cowen stood for election I bet they would have still gotten in.

Just see how a chunk of the Irish public still stand behind such people as the quinns who are basically spitting into the eyes of the Irish taxpayers.

And contrary to what some urban folks would have you imagine the parish pump politics is not soley a rural phenomenon.
    Remember how some of biggest chancers, nay criminals, like haughey, burke, ahern, lawlor, callely were elected in greater Dublin.

Some of us do deserve better, but the effers who will always back the dodgy types who screw the system deserve nothing but penury.
    Sadly often due to their connections they would be the last to suffer such. :mad:

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement