Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Customer service

Options
  • 25-01-2013 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Anyone know how th contact Aldi customer service.

Tried ringing them and got onto the automated answering machine, which transferred me to the english head office. told me that there where 12 calls ahead of me, then 10 and so on.

After 15 minutes i finally got to there is 1 call ahead of you and then they hung up.

The second time it they hung up after about 11 minutes.

On my third attempt now and have been hearing 3 calls ahead of you for the last 10 minutes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Walk into a store?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Have you exhausted all option with the manager? Even if you do ring they seem to refer you to the manager anyway before they escalate it to the area manager etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It might be far easier to call into a store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Elfinknight

Not that easy I'm afraid.

What I needed was a replacement for a product that they sold a few months ago but very few of them have it now.

I live 15 miles of 3 Aldis but they are in opposite directions and I dont have time or petrol to go around them all to find out if they have a replacement product.

I couldn't ring the shops direct because Aldi won't give out the numbers of the individual shops

Besides I'm more giving out about the fact that they were answering and immediatly hanging up

They eventually picked up the phone and ended up transferring me back to customer service in Ireland.

Thanks for ye're time and suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Not that easy I'm afraid.

What I needed was a replacement for a product that they sold a few months ago but very few of them have it now.

I live 15 miles of 3 Aldis but they are in opposite directions and I dont have time or petrol to go around them all to find out if they have a replacement product.

I couldn't ring the shops direct because Aldi won't give out the numbers of the individual shops

Besides I'm more giving out about the fact that they were answering and immediatly hanging up

They eventually picked up the phone and ended up transferring me back to customer service in Ireland.

Thanks for ye're time and suggestions

Just bear in mind that the store you originally bought it from would have to offer you some kind of solution. That might be a refund, however, so I see where you could be stuck. Store might ring head office for you if you're getting no luck.

Hopefully it's all sorted now regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Most Aldi products have a helpline number on the box where you can ring if the product fails. I did that with a electric toothbrush that stopped working and they were very efficiant - took the serial number and posted another one out to me. Hassle free and very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

Had the same problem with an Aldi product, I rang the help line of the product had the same or lack of response, wrote to Aldi head office in Ireland, a few weeks after it they rang me to return to one of their named local supermarkets and to tell them there was correspondence from head office to them and I returned to get a full refund.

From Aldi web site
    Registered address:
    67-68 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2
    Registered in Ireland No. 294035

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Go into the shop, the manager has to do something. The problem with the specials is they're usually gone quickly, so a replacement usually won't happen, but they should give you a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Does anyone have the customer phone number for Aldi? I can't find it on the website, have a right pain with them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

loopymum wrote: »
    Does anyone have the customer phone number for Aldi? I can't find it on the website, have a right pain with them
    It is on the website. Look again.

• Advertisement

I'm on my phone and can't for the life of me find it but whatever, thanks for the help

snubbleste wrote: »
    It is on the website. Look again.

I would love it if you would link to it because I am on a laptop now and still can't find the damn number, I think I have opened every link possible, it certainly isn't in useful information anyway.

It was on the website about a month when I first rang but my phone has since been for repair and reset so the number is gone.
    I have googled also and no luck.

Sick of Aldi and their so called warranty and the crappy customer service.

Ok, I take it back, I have eventually located the number under All about us, and on the right hand side in quite small font, there is a contact us icon which open the phone number but what a palaver, not where you think to look at all.

Another thing is the Delta warranty no I'm trying to ring just makes a disconnect sound when I ring on
    0188 44000
    I'm putting a link here if anyone else is stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

I had a Delta soup maker go bang. That Irish number (018844000) doesn't work, and they don't reply to email. Aldi insisted I phone England. I insisted I had a bank statement showing I regularly shop with Aldi, that that soup maker was purchased on date X and the bank statement reflected purchases on that date.

CS advisor was a bit direct but actually very efficient and resolved the issue in under 24 hour. Wife went up and got a refund that week end.

I actually ended up ringing head office in Naas as I'm so sick of them and the store manager eventually rang me back. Sick of them. Really put me off buying anything there again.

Amazon are by far the best company to deal with in my experience for electrical goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

bought a toaster off them last year,stopped working,brought it to my store where they insisted i had to go through customer service,it was their policy. the short version was,told them i wanted a refund,a replacement of fix it. manager said he would phone customer service on my behalf :D

gave him the receipt and broken toaster,he gave me €18 back.......... reluctantly.

stick to your guns ppl,dont be ringing their customer service,bring your item back to the shop and dont be fobbed off! know your rights when dealing with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭endacl

loopymum wrote: »
    Sick of Aldi and their so called warranty and the crappy customer service.
    I found them excellent. Went back to the shop with the receipt and told them I don't want the product, size wrong, not working, whatever. Sign a refund receipt and walk out with cash. No questions. Happened several times. Never had any hassle. If I didn't want a replacement all I had to say was no thanks. If I did and there was no replacement available, I just had to wait a couple of months and they'd have the yoke in again. Either them or Lidl would. And probably a bit cheaper next time round.

Not sure what more they could do as a no-frills operation? Ryanair could learn a thing or two from them about dispute resolution. Much better customer service then I've got from several high street shops in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

you can have a refund on any special product within 60 days if you have your receipt
    its actually written on the back of your receipt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Twice I bought large items on special from them and had problems with the items. Went in to the store and was offered a replacement but when I said I had no confidence in the product I was refunded in full there and then - no problem. Brilliant service!

endacl wrote: »
    I found them excellent. Went back to the shop with the receipt and told them I don't want the product, size wrong, not working, whatever. Sign a refund receipt and walk out with cash. No questions. Happened several times. Never had any hassle. If I didn't want a replacement all I had to say was no thanks. If I did and there was no replacement available, I just had to wait a couple of months and they'd have the yoke in again. Either them or Lidl would. And probably a bit cheaper next time round.

Not sure what more they could do as a no-frills operation? Ryanair could learn a thing or two from them about dispute resolution. Much better customer service then I've got from several high street shops in fact.

Unfortunately I haven't had the same good experience.

I bought an electrical kitchen item over 6 months ago and it died recently, the number on the warranty card didn't ring through so rang Aldi customer service who put me through to the store manager who said drop off said product, which I did. By the way we don't all live near a store, it's over 30 miles to my nearest one.
    That was 2 weeks ago and I have called in twice to see what the story was only to be told it still hadn't been sent off. Customer service doesn't open at the weekend either and you cannot ring a store directly.

What really peeved me though was being told on my last visit to the store that really the manager wouldn't be able to do much about it as he would need the warranty card first, I had supplied the receipt when I returned the product and left all my details 1 week before being told this.
    I queried what he said and he said they would absolutely need the warranty card which I had said I didn't know where it was. Load of bull****.
    He really got on my wick.

Under the sale of the statutory goods act of 1980, he was talking bull****, which I confirmed today with the NCA. And then I got on the phone again, so it's now all sorted but quite painfully really and has put me off buying any electrical items there again.

Also Aldi customer service in the UK just say really the phone number on the warranty doesn't work? They just don't care.

• Advertisement
Advertisement