Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats Eye red and watery

• 25-01-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Smudge and Sparkle both got their booster vac on Wed. When the vet was checking their eyes he said that Smudges were quite red. He asked if she had been off form and I said she had been sneezing a bit but apart from that she's fine! Now this morning one of Sparkles eyes looks sore, its a bit red and watery. Smudges seem to look less red! One of them is sneezing a bit today, I can't tell which because they are both under the table. I was just wondering if this was normal after their vacs and is there anything I should give them or look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

This is not a normal reaction to vaccinations. It sounds like your cats have a minor infection - either upper respiratory (cats can get watery/sore eyes with URIs) or an eye infection. The best person to talk to here is the vet as your cats may need a course of medication to get them back to normal or they may need to wait it out - no way to know without talking to a vet I'm afraid.

Advertisement