Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avoid ebay seller

Options
  • 25-01-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

hi guys, i am advising anyone using ebay not to buy from this china importer EBUYSALEKING . The story is you buy your goods (using paypal) the guy says allow 6 weeks for goods to arrive( by which time your ebay resolution centre will not help), he does not send anything ,but tells you he will send another replacement item as the other one is lost in the post, and to allow 6 weeks for post. by this time paypal will not help get your money back, and to add insult ,you can not leave feedback ,because the time limit is over to leave any.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Hi horse7

I'm not to sure how to search for someones account on ebay, could you provide a link?

Also if the seller dosn't have a

"Ebay Top-rated seller" and a top rated seller badge thing on their account as this is given to the user for a lot of good feedback. AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

http://myworld.ebay.ie/ebuysaleking/ here is a link is it strange that This seller currently has no items for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

The account is over 4 years old with a very high positive feedback score. My guess is that there are isolated incidents where there are problems, but it appears that other people have had no problem at all. Ask him to send it via registered mail to track the item.

I have asked him to send a replacement and he said he would,but that was in early december. I cant leave any feedback now because of ebays time policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

horse7 wrote: »
    I have asked him to send a replacement and he said he would,but that was in early december. I cant leave any feedback now because of ebays time policy.

Theres your problem. Post stops worldwide for Christmas around the middle of December. Its quite possible it got lost in the post again. China's post system is very slow and very prone to losing stuff. You should allow at least 4 working weeks for a package to arrive from China. And never send anything of value by normal post from China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ironclaw wrote: »
    Theres your problem. Post stops worldwide for Christmas around the middle of December. Its quite possible it got lost in the post again. China's post system is very slow and very prone to losing stuff. You should allow at least 4 working weeks for a package to arrive from China. And never send anything of value by normal post from China.

Very mixed bag of feedback since the end of October. I don't think it's anything to do with the Chinese postal system, either the seller sold his business to someone not as honest as him or he just got lazy. The last feedback of any kind was Nov 30th.

Clearly he knows how to use the feedback system to maintain the high (>98%) rating but if you dig down you'll see the bad vibes.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Are you sure your not the same ebayer in question,this has been going on since september,and i dont think the china post is that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

horse7 wrote: »
    Are you sure your not the same ebayer in question,this has been going on since september,and i dont think the china post is that bad.

I do a lot of business with China, in particular Hong Kong, both personal and business scale. And the postal system is rubbish in my opinion.

I am on eBay but I'm not that seller. eBay has no connection to my main business. I'll be happy to discuss by PM if you want to make such accusations.

you obviously dont have a sense of humour,but thanks for the reply.

Advertisement