Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayaking return (noob questions)

Options
  • 25-01-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm hoping to make a triumphant return to kayaking in the next few months and have some questions which you might be able to gimme a steer on!
    I've kayaked before with a club and was pretty basic river descents. V enjoyable though... :)
    Never ivested in any gear whatsoever so this time, I'm gonna fork out for something that I'm comfortable with.
    Also, I'm pretty much a beginner/novice, still trying to perfect the eskimo roll too so this needs to be taken into consideration.
    I'll be buying 2nd hand, so it would be good to know what to look for.

I'm 6'4" tall / 16 stone weight. - What kayak would suit me best? Preferably something that's comfortable but also dependable for balance and avoiding flips. Is there a particular brand best suited to this?

Eskimo rolling - I once did group sessions in a swimming pool for this but still never really got it succesfully. Are there 1-to-1 sessions available for this anywhere? Anyone recommend one or anything else on this? I've been told Youtube & practice and you'll get it in no time!! :rolleyes:

New Gear - should I be buying some stuff new? i.e. helmet (suit head size), cag jacket, etc...

Anyway, I hope to get back on the rivers soon enough... just wanna do some homework before I venture back.

cheers,

Comments

Advertisement