Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI terms and conditions

Options
  • 25-01-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

After being told by VHI that automatic renewal was in my terms and conditions I went to find it. No where in the T&C's could it be found, after seeking clarification they informed me that it was on a cover letter that had been sent with a notification of renewal form. Is this legal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Did you not get a renewal notice prior to renewal? You should have. These terms can be standard but they should still notify you of it and then you're supposed to cancel. When did the renewal occur? It is legal if they followed their procedures and you got notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

They did notify use but it's not in the terms and conditions.

My brother was no longer covered by a company policy, my mother missed this within the cooling off period and we have been left with a bill for a €1300. If we cancel the policy it will cancel the entire policy including my mothers and fathers.

VHI are not willing to allow us to change policy. It appears our only option is to take our business elsewhere; next year. I'm livid and looking for a way around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

They did notify use but it's not in the terms and conditions.

My brother was no longer covered by a company policy, my mother missed this within the cooling off period and we have been left with a bill for a €1300. If we cancel the policy it will cancel the entire policy including my mothers and fathers.

VHI are not willing to allow us to change policy. It appears our only option is to take our business elsewhere; next year. I'm livid and looking for a way around this.

It's harsh I know but if they complied with their obligations (which from your posts it seems they did) then unfortunately there's not a lot you can do other then appeal to the company formally and see if they can help. Set a date for your renewal next year in a calander so you don't forget.

Advertisement