Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 25-01-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,940 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

i am a 23 year old male who for years have been suffering from dark circles under my eyes. I get enough sleep, eat right and exercise but they still exist and it drives my confidence levels down because people always thinks theres something wrong with me.

Anyway is there any Male make up i can buy that will get rid of these circles for a few hours at least. ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hi

i am a 23 year old male who for years have been suffering from dark circles under my eyes. I get enough sleep, eat right and exercise but they still exist and it drives my confidence levels down because people always thinks theres something wrong with me.

Anyway is there any Male make up i can buy that will get rid of these circles for a few hours at least. ???

A good eye cream might help brighten them up a bit,I get really bad circles and ever since I started using eye cream they have faded alot!

Also Concealer could help but get one to match your skin tone exactly because your male and wont be putting make up on over it you don't want it to be noticeable.

Try and up your water intake in case you aren't getting enough,dark circles can be a sign of dehydration.

Cold cucumbers on the area for 10 mins might help too.

I have also heard that cold tea bags on the eyes are good aswell!

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Concealer is your best bet, but like the other poster said make sure that you match the tone of your skin - which isn't too tricky to do.
    A cheap concealer from Boots is all you need as well, there's no need to be looking at expensive products.

Once you blend it in well, no one will have any idea you've anything on your face, so don't be paranoid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

A corrector will cover the darkness, a concealer won't do much for them.....Have you seen your doctor to rule out any medical condition? It could be down to a number of things like allergies,nasal congestion, lifestyle factors?? It could also just be heredity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,940 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i got Max Factor Pan stick 13.

Hopefully it will get rid of them for a few hours at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Graftobian's colour corrector wheel has an excellent under eye corrector and the ones from Bobbi Brown are great too. Even though they're usually more effective than just regular concealers I'd give Collection 2000's one a go as it doesn't cake and it really helps dark circles, just apply very, very lightly from the start!

Also Garnier have their new bb cream eye roll ons which might be some use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i got Max Factor Pan stick 13.

Hopefully it will get rid of them for a few hours at least

Be careful applying that. Pan sticks can be VERY cakey-looking and without other foundation to blend it into, it could be very obvious. It might look fine when you do it in your mirror at home but in harsher light it could easily be seen. If you are determined to stick with the panstick, I'd also get a translucent powder. It will help keep it in place and give it a more matte finish, so it will stand out less.

I do think your first port of call should be eye-creams though. They will help in the long-term, whereas makeup won't.

Advertisement