Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night saver or not

Options
  • 25-01-2013 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hello 

do you think i should get night saver in? we have a new heating system and our bills have doubled?  we are going to do a meter check to see if we can work out how much it is costing us so how many units do i need to use before we should consider getting in night saver? 
    I'm at home all day with children and i know the cost of day time use rises too
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Bluepencil,

To reap the benefit of the Nightsaver, a minimum of four units' usage every night would be required. The Nightsaver hours are 11pm to 8am in the winter and midnight to 9am in the summer, if it is feasible to use these times for processes like e.g. putting on a wash, timing the heating.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Hi, how do I know my meters are working  correctly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi dcmm,

If it is the main electricity dual tariff/standard meter, a good test is to switch off/unplug all appliances and wait ten minutes. If the disk/light is still rotating/flashing on the meter, than it may be malfunctioning.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement