Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Issue

Options
  • 25-01-2013 5:24pm

This is more advice then anything.
    I was sent a packaged today. I didnt know it was coming in. An Post tried to deliver it i was not there. THey took it back to the depot. They dropped in the card to say they tried to deliver it. Please take this card to the depot to claim your package. You have 5 days etc. ...

My gf just went down and handed them the card. They would not give her the package as she is not me. They will only give the package to me. My problem is, i am working 9 to 7 30 as this is the busiest month in the calendar . they open at 10 30 and close at 5 30, i cant get out there. We ahve asked them if there is any other way. I can fax a signature email, anything. They said no !

Anybody any advice on what to do here ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

This is more advice then anything.
    I was sent a packaged today. I didnt know it was coming in. An Post tried to deliver it i was not there. THey took it back to the depot. They dropped in the card to say they tried to deliver it. Please take this card to the depot to claim your package. You have 5 days etc. ...

My gf just went down and handed them the card. They would not give her the package as she is not me. They will only give the package to me. My problem is, i am working 9 to 7 30 as this is the busiest month in the calendar . they open at 10 30 and close at 5 30, i cant get out there. We ahve asked them if there is any other way. I can fax a signature email, anything. They said no !

Anybody any advice on what to do here ?

On the form they leave in your letter box I think there's a box for writing the name of a nominated person to collect the package, near the bottom. Then you sign it. My dad works from home and collects all my packages. That's from the Glenageary sorting office - and they never ask to see my sig either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Could you not give your GF a letter from you authorising her to pick up the package?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

If you re-read the card it will say that you can nominate an agent to collect it on your behalf. The agent (your GF in this case) just needs to show there own I.D.

EDIT.... What those above said.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭blade1

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    On the form they leave in your letter box I think there's a box for writing the name of a nominated person to collect the package, near the bottom. Then you sign it. My dad works from home and collects all my packages. That's from the Glenageary sorting office - and they never ask to see my sig either.
    IMG_00000021_zps69189a84.jpg

• Advertisement

Great , i have not read the card as i am in work. I appreciate you help. Will do that when i am home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

And your nominated agent will need photo ID. No ID, No Package.

Advertisement