Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

40" Blaupunkt Full HD LED TV €349.99

• 25-01-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

DID have a 40" Full HD Blaupunkt LED for €349.99 this weekend - its Saorview approved and even has a built in USB which is great as I am currently using a HD media player with my 32" which is about to be upgraded :-)

http://www.did.ie/blaupunkt-40-full-hd-led-tv-saorview-approved-bp40188f

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

Be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the quality of this - currently in the market for a new well priced tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 usbpvr

i though blaupunkt went bust years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Also looking to hear peops thoughts on this. After the epic cost of Christmas, I'm getting paid tonight and ready to blow the lot on tv's, strippers, cocaine and, perhaps, nappies if I have any cash left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Dutchy wrote: »
    Also looking to hear peops thoughts on this. After the epic cost of Christmas, I'm getting paid tonight and ready to blow the lot on tv's, strippers, cocaine and, perhaps, nappies if I have any cash left

Nappies? Do you intend to sh1t yourself after the cocaine and strippers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

loremolis wrote: »
    Nappies? Do you intend to sh1t yourself after the cocaine and strippers?

Hope so, the alternative's just too horrible to contemplate

adult-baby.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

usbpvr wrote: »
    i though blaupunkt went bust years ago
    They did but the rights to use the name were undoubtedly sold on..

This seems decent for the money, I mean how bad ca the panel be.. Same tv is on sale with Pixmania for the same money. Gives a few pictures and more detailed specs. Turns out it has 3 x HDMI which is hard to argue with. No other inputs missing either too, like many cheaper sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Strange though how researching the net throws up no reviews on it... Albeit a very quick search..

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

had a look in did and they had soarview running through it, looked very good for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    They did but the rights to use the name were undoubtedly sold on..

This seems decent for the money, I mean how bad ca the panel be.. Same tv is on sale with Pixmania for the same money. Gives a few pictures and more detailed specs. Turns out it has 3 x HDMI which is hard to argue with. No other inputs missing either too, like many cheaper sets.

not really on sale for the same money when its 25 euro to get delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

its gonna be a rebadged low end tv.....just need to find out which one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

shane. wrote: »
    not really on sale for the same money when its 25 euro to get delivered
    Well tbh, I wasn't advocating buying it from Pixmania or anything, just that there was a more comprehensive list of specs on their page..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

jmorrisey wrote: »
    its gonna be a rebadged low end tv.....just need to find out which one
    According to the sales guy it's the same as a Blue Diamond, do may be a rebadged one of them.

Picture quality looked good for the money. Wasn't up to par with the adjacent Samsung but for the price I'm tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

Bought this tv and it was delivered yesterday and delivery was only 5 quid as an post messed up,happy days.

great tv and very thin.good colours,sound and it looks nice too.
    great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 stupidskin

Hi. On the same theme of tv bargains can one of the thread ah experts tell me if this 3d LG plasma.tv is a genuine bar bargain @ 429. Now I know there is 30 more on that for delivery and prob another 30-40 for an LG WiFi adapter and also 3d glasses at some stage.. But still 42" plasma 3d and internet capability (rj45 there also is your router is close enough).. Some reviews mention the soap opera effect but I'm mot sure what that is. Would really appreciate thoughts and advice as I am looking to replace my old JVC 32" 100hz surround sound CRT tv which I must say has been excellent thru the years and the qquality has always been a1 but for gaming it I add not cLear enough for my old eyes

Thanks

Ss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Ss you need to add a link to the tv you are referring
    Think it is this one:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11919884/art/lg/42pm4700-3d-plasma-screen.html

• Registered Users Posts: 45 stupidskin

CH3OH wrote: »
    Ss you need to add a link to the tv you are referring
    Think it is this one:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11919884/art/lg/42pm4700-3d-plasma-screen.html

Opops ! That is it alright. Thanks v much :$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

LK KID wrote: »
    Bought this tv and it was delivered yesterday and delivery was only 5 quid as an post messed up,happy days.

great tv and very thin.good colours,sound and it looks nice too.
    great bargain.
    Whats the recording function like? Can you just select a programme from the EPG and hit record? Looking for a simple interface like that for the parents, thanks.

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the recording function like? Can you just select a programme from the EPG and hit record? Looking for a simple interface like that for the parents, thanks.
    recording function?
    :confused:

LK KID wrote: »
    recording function?
    :confused:
    Yes :D

PVR Function YES
    USB DVB Record YES
    Stick a USB stick in the slot (check the manual but for recording they usually reccomend at least 9-10 mb/sec write speed) and away you go, you should be able to select a program off the EPG and tell the tv to record it.

Thargor wrote: »
    Yes :D

Stick a USB stick in the slot (check the manual but for recording they usually reccomend at least 9-10 mb/sec write speed) and away you go, you should be able to select a program off the EPG and tell the tv to record it.
    thanks,lol:D
    wat size/class usb should i get?could i pick the right one up in maplin?
    how much?
    ill let ya know what its like when i get the usb

• Advertisement

You'll get them in Maplins alright but they're a total rip off in there on everything. They come up on Bargain Alerts a lot aswell so keep an eye out.

From a quick glance at MyMemory Id say this is a good deal:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-32GB-Cruzer-Edge-USB-Flash-Drive--Includes-SecureAccess-Software

Have a look yourself:

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives

Scroll down the bar at the side and it has options to pick out size, write speed etc, just remember when looking it has to be able to write @ 10 mb/sec or faster (check tv manual) otherwise the video will stutter especially HD content like RTE 2, the faster the better, dont worry about read speed thats always fast enough for playback as long as its not a cheapo Chinese ripoff or ancient USB stick.

32 GB is fine you'll fit a few films and tv programmes on there if its anything like the PVR I bought my parents after the switchover, 64 GB or more would be ideal, if you download films and stuff you can stick them on the USB and watch them on the tv instead of the pc so the more space the better obviously.

You can also plug in full size HDDs for maximum storage but often the USB port cant supply enough power to something like that and you'll have to get one with its own power supply which can be a pain. Let us know how it turns out anyway.

EDIT: The manual will also tell you to format the USB stick to FAT or usually FAT32 before you put it in the tv aswell...

By the way just be careful its not DID making a mess of this because I looked there and the only English results for this tv seem to be on the DID website, if there was a tv with a built in recorder for this price Im sure it would have popped up in more places.

Does it have a EPG that works with Saorview? Is there a record button on the remote etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheRacerboy5

Got the 50" one in Tesco for €400 must say it is a great tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Got the 50" one in Tesco for €400 must say it is a great tv.

Great price for 50” are there many around or is it exclusive to a certain number of stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Barr wrote: »
    Great price for 50” are there many around or is it exclusive to a certain number of stores?

Might be worth looking here: http://direct.asda.com/Polaroid-P50LED14---50%22-LED-backlit-LCD-TV/000527630,default,pd.html?awc=2786_1399538052_826a83b36702cf74b6260c44ed593b2d

Not sure how much delivery is to Ireland but I think they do deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dazcush

Barr wrote: »

This is interesting, same TV is going for 499 in D.I.D. I'd like to know if it's in any of the larger Dublin Tesco stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

looder wrote: »
    Might be worth looking here: http://direct.asda.com/Polaroid-P50LED14---50%22-LED-backlit-LCD-TV/000527630,default,pd.html?awc=2786_1399538052_826a83b36702cf74b6260c44ed593b2d

Not sure how much delivery is to Ireland but I think they do deliver.

I cant get asda to deliver via parcel motel.. it doesnt like the Parcel Motel postcode...Anyone have any luck with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Don't think the quality of the Polaroid is that great to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Built in Slovakia http://www.umc-slovakia.sk/
    http://www.umc-slovakia.sk/company/blaupunkt/
    Capacitor problems with some of these TVs. My mother had a UMC for 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

got this tv today. the sound quality is beyond horrible. sounds like when youre listening to music through earphones you buy for 50c. anyone know how to make it sound better in settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

MarkY91 wrote: »
    got this tv today. the sound quality is beyond horrible. sounds like when youre listening to music through earphones you buy for 50c. anyone know how to make it sound better in settings?

where did you get it? and how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I don't really get peoples obsessions with these cheap TV's.

Picture quality ranges from average to good and even excellent on occassion, but they almost always have terrible sound quality, and often have build issues as well.

If you look on Amazon or Pixmania, you'll get a good quality TV for close enough to the same price, which is worth it in the long run. I was looking at a 42" LG HD Plasma on Amazon earlier, €320 delivered and excellent reviews.

Even my local electrical store have a decent Toshiba 40" set for €399.

Even if you are in the market for a cheap TV, just by shopping around there's usually not much reason to settle for the poor sets. The very odd time they're worth it when the price is incredibly low and you have an alternative sound set-up than the built in speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Picture any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Might be interested

on 40 inch tvs... is that 40 inch technika in tescos worth it? its €450

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

kooga wrote: »
    where did you get it? and how much?

richersounds.com on boards.ie delivered from belfast. 300 euro + 15 delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

hi just a quick Q here,has anyone on here who purchased the 50" tele from tesco,have you had any problems with the tv yet,,i bought 1 back in may this year and i keep having to retune the channels every so often on it and its getting more frequent lately having to retune it,i tried a google search but got no info about it so said id ask on here as this is the only thread online i could find about the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trojan_J

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the quality of this - currently in the market for a new well priced tv.

I got one this weekend for my sons playroom. We didn't want a smart TV as an Xbox one will be permanently connected to it and they wan access the web via the xBox. I am very impressed with it so far. Very clear and crisp picture. It looks very well on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 llebpmac

Trojan_J wrote: »
    I got one this weekend for my sons playroom. We didn't want a smart TV as an Xbox one will be permanently connected to it and they wan access the web via the xBox. I am very impressed with it so far. Very clear and crisp picture. It looks very well on the wall.

5 years later, good to know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

That's some Trojan zombie work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement