Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MASTODON playing academy 12th june!!!!

• 25-01-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

as above. Tickets on sale. Nice warm up for download festivel.:D
    tickets €29.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Deschain

got my ticket this morning. Hopefully the bastards won't cancel again this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Excellent. I'll definitely pick up a ticket for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I think I'll pick up a ticket for this.

Crack The Skye is my favourite Mastodon album, but I also enjoy the more melodic approach they took with their most recent album The Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

Got my ticket (again) Any word/rumours on whose supporting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

wonder will they release a full length dvd of the Brixton show. There were some pro shots online last year of a couple of tracks, and if it's anything like those, I'll cream my pants!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Got my ticket, wonder who's supporting? Please be Gojira!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Curious about supports. Always wanted to see Mastodon, but the addition of Gojira is what sold it for me last year.
    Really hope it's the same line up.... doubtful though.

I agree. I would love for it to be Gojira, but can't see that happening now tbh. Should still be a good gig though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Can't believe this is still on sale. Both nights sold out so fast last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thedarwinfish

somehow managed to miss that this was coming up...after seeing the thread though tickets have been gotten and all's well with the world. much obliged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ticket got today, cannot wait, hope the support is good as well.

Just a head's up for people here
    Mastodon @ The Academy - June 12th only 25 tickets left on www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Can't believe this is still on sale. Both nights sold out so fast last year.

I'd say Gojira were a massive factor in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Saw them a few years go (maybe 5?) in the academy and it was one of the best gig's I've ever been too and I'm not even much of a mastadon fan, a ticket just fell in my lap and a lad i knew way driving up anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

13th June added.

Support from Harvester for both nights
    http://harvester1.bandcamp.com/

Woah nice, serious spot for them lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So i won the comp on Metal Notes, 4 tickets, Greet the meat, VIP table and a pitcher of beer, will be going with myself and The Wench, also taking Dr Poca and Mushy from here, gonna be a good night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

scudzilla wrote: »
    So i won the comp on Metal Notes, 4 tickets, Greet the meat, VIP table and a pitcher of beer, will be going with myself and The Wench, also taking Dr Poca and Mushy from here, gonna be a good night

I read the start of your post and thought that we were going to say you had two spare VIP tickets that you were willing to sell on. Ah, well!:( Enjoy though!

Really wanna go, but my friends are broke at the moment and we'll just be back from Rock Am Ring at that stage, so might not be easy to get to the gig after that.

That's cool.

We'll need a pic of the lads from Mastodon holding a small sign that says hello to Boards.ie's Rock & Metal forum though... :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm extremely grateful for Scudz' generous offer! It'll be a great night.
    xerces wrote: »
    We'll need a pic of the lads from Mastodon holding a small sign that says hello to Boards.ie's Rock & Metal forum though... :pac:

Brilliant idea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    I'm extremely grateful for Scudz' generous offer! It'll be a great night.

As am I, it'll be incredible meeting them.

We should do that, be a cool addition to the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Just a head's up for people here

Bought two tickets after this was posted, then they go an announce another night :o

But me thinks it'll be better to have a good sleep before the Download camp :pac:

Thats really awesome - I hope you lads have a good time and def get that pic :D

Dr.Poca wrote: »

There's a free pint at the next R&M beers if ye can make the pic happen :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Looking forward to this so close now, hope the academy is still intact after the slayer gigs, had a sneaky at their recent sets and pleased to see a certain 13 min track theyre currently ending with, i imagine theyll chop and change over the 2 nights.

^ Yea I seen they were ending with The Last Baron, I really hope they do again. It would be a fantastic ending, what a song.

xerces wrote: »
    There's a free pint at the next R&M beers if ye can make the pic happen :D.

How did that get here!? :P

I won't go back on what I said though, I'll gladly buy a round if there's ever another R/M beers. Not that I'm bloody loaded or anything, but I've learned a lot about music throughout my time on this forum and it would be a simple gesture of appreciation (I hear attendance at such events is pretty sparse in any case!).

Driving up from the shticks tomorrow. Any advice on parking around the Academy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

I drive into gigs in the academy from Dublin 15 the odd time and I normally just park on capel street because it's free in the evening time. But if you're leaving your car overnight I'd recommend the car park behind cineworld on Parnell street. They do a €9 overnight rate.

• Advertisement

Ah, Capel Street it is. I could park behind the Grand Social as well. Good to know thanks.

Advertisement