Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MASTODON playing academy 12th june!!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

scudzilla wrote: »
    Pits have changed A LOT over the years, too many fcukin idiots just go in there for the violence and to hurt people.

In pits i went in during the late 80's/early 90's these idiots were soon found out and fcuked off, and people looked after each other. Too many times now i see kids going down and not being helped up IMMEDIATELLY.

Everyone who went down was helped up first thing, that and didnt see any deliberate elbows going in. Football tonight will be fun.

Re: Brann....I'd tide him :Pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Maybe I should make a purchase of live at the aragon dvd to make up for the poor sound last night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Just back from tonight's gig. Pretty good show. They opened with the Last Baron which was epic and played pretty much the same set as Wednesday aside from 2 extra songs at the end: Bedazzled Fingernails and the Creature Lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Enjoyed that a lot, the crowd were loving the music and it passed my expectations easily. I'll stick up a link to the pictures from the night when they are done.

setlist

the last baron
    black tongue
    crystal skull
    bone dry valley
    the thickening
    oblivion
    octopuss has no friends
    the hunter
    stargasm
    blasteroid
    crack the sky
    all heavy lifting
    spectralight
    curl of the burl
    iron tusk
    march
    blood n thunder
    the sparrow

--encore--

bedazzled
    fingernails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Have to say, I thought that it was a fantastic show. The set was brilliant, and Brent loved the crowd so much he convinced the band to (maybe somewhat reluctantly) play a couple more songs. The best thing was that you could really see on his face that he appreciated the response so much.

After hearing about the dodgy sound last night I was a bit worried that it might be the same tonight, but after the first 5 minutes or so they had it pretty much fixed.
    Also, I've heard some really mixed things before about the stage presence, or lack thereof, of the band. Maybe it was just a good day, but they were great onstage. Brent and Bill looked really into it and Troy was giving it 100%. Absolutely class.

I have to give a massive thanks to Scudzilla for inviting me along as one of the 4 guest passes he won. Got to meet the band after and get some stuff signed and a couple of pictures. So thanks a lot Scud, I really enjoyed it!

Edit: Also, opening with the Last Baron and ending with Creature Lives? Seriously cool set

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Saw them for the first time Wednesday night..Good stage presence I must say,Troy especially..They really enjoyed the reaction from the crowd too..Very enjoyable night,would have loved to hear The Czar but it hasn't been on a setlist since 2011 apparently..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

Bought a ticket for tonight after enjoying the first show so much. Ears are gonna be ringing for a while! Crowd was sound and it makes all the difference when a band is smiling and look like they're enjoying themselves :)
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Got to meet the band after and get some stuff signed and a couple of pictures. So thanks a lot Scud, I really enjoyed it!

Sooo jealous though I'd actually be terrified to meet them. Post pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

rickyjb wrote: »
    Vicar St. was a much better gig,

I remember that gig,they supported themselves as Fiend Without A Face! Hilarious surfabilly rock.Shame they don't go into that persona now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

The sound was very good throughout, from where I was, centre, a few feet in front of sound desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Great night and a great gig, if i hadn't have won the comp i probably wouldn't have gone but glad i did now.

Took the wench, my mate Ian who's a big fan and Dr Poca, got a table up top to the back of the stage and a pint each.

Thought the bands sound up there was awesome as we were using the stage monitors, went for a piss and thought it was a bit low maybe?

The Meet and Greet was odd, was me + 3 then at the end yer woman from MCD said i could only take 1 person so took Ian, went backstage and met 3 of them, the excuse that we could only take1 person was that they were in a rush and had to leave. Went back up and they were all in the main area meeting another 30 or so wit aftershow passes?

Backstage i saw a lil ole drumstick in a flight case so i had that away, got it fully signed, gave that to Ian though as he loves them more than me!

They played 20mins longer than Wed, on at 21:00, off at 22:40.

Few pics here

Ever played "Where's Wally??" well here's the R&M version, "Where's Dr Poca"

IMAG1585_zps1c31ae14.jpg

IMG_6445_zpsdfd9a0f6.jpg

IMG_6443_zpsd8fae57f.jpg

IMG_6434_zpsfd4d736b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Ahh yeah..what a gig. A bit light on the old stuff. Sound was grand although kinda hard to hear Brent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Photo from Thursday night...

Advertisement