Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poppy seeds

Options
  • 25-01-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Does anybody know where I can buy poppy seeds for baking in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I don't know of a particular place in Dublin but they are available very cheaply in Chinese supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Booie1980 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can buy poppy seeds for baking in Dublin?

Any health food shop should have them but if you are on Mary Street, the Asian grocery there has EVERYTHING.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Superquinn or Avoca stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Booie1980

Tried a few health shops but to no avail, but will definitely try the Asian shops, thanks

lucylu wrote: »
    Superquinn or Avoca stores.
    Do Superquinn have them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Central European shops usually have them

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

A quick search on the superquinn website says they do, but it's only a small amount (65g) for €3.19 - probably better off checking the other options such as Asian or central European stores.

5unflower wrote: »
    A quick search on the superquinn website says they do, but it's only a small amount (65g) for €3.19 - probably better off checking the other options such as Asian or central European stores.
    Thank you very much I really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

I have gotten them in the Eastern European shops here. Relatively cheap also.

Polish and Russian shops are where I've found them.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mick F

If you know anyone with access to a cash & carry card, Musgraves do large jars of them for very little money. I think it was 500g for a fiver.

• Advertisement

Thanks to all for the info, managed to get some today in a health shop in The Omni in Santry.

Advertisement