Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance of Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds coming to Ireland?

Options
  • 25-01-2013 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Over the past few months, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have been advertising new European dates and adding new ones every now and then for their 2013 tour.

Do you think any Irish dates will be added? I'm dying to see them live!

http://www.nickcave.com/live/?country=ES

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could see them doing Forbidden Fruit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Could see them doing Forbidden Fruit

Call me ignorant but this is the first time I've ever heard of this festival. I see New Order are playing at it, I wonder if they are still as good as they used to be. Thats for another thread though I guess.

Personally I hope not, I'm not a fan of festivals.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Call me ignorant but this is the first time I've ever heard of this festival. I see New Order are playing at it, I wonder if they are still as good as they used to be. Thats for another thread though I guess.

Personally I hope not, I'm not a fan of festivals.

Yea its a festival in Dublin during the June Bank Holiday weekend . New Order played it last year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Didn't they pay the Marquee a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

A lot of Forbidden Fruit's acts last year also played Primavera Sound.

Nick Cave is at that, so fair chance of him @ t'Fruit.

My guess is he either plays that, Electric Picnic or gives us a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A lot of Forbidden Fruit's acts last year also played Primavera Sound.

Nick Cave is at that, so fair chance of him @ t'Fruit.

My guess is he either plays that, Electric Picnic or gives us a miss.

Or another very expensive Vicar Street gig or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 notnigella

He's just been announced to play at this year's Body and Soul festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Playing Saturday according to his website.
    My wife probably won't be home from Rihanna gig (on the Fri) so looks like I'll miss him (again).

I'm not that impressed by the new album (yet) but would still love to see them live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Shame really. I'm not exactly willing to spend €140 just for Nick Cave. I really dislike music festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I see hes just announced another European tour today (for March / April next year) & so far no sign of an Irish date. Apart from B&S in 2013, he hasnt been here in quite a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

just bought a glasgow ticket, if he plays Ireland too, even better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I've seen him twice in Ireland. Electric Picnic was one of them.

Only alright live tbh

I got a ticket for the Nottingham show. Went online at 9.00 sharp as a precaution and still couldn't get a stalls ticket, which was kinda surprising - I hadn't expected quite that much demand, and I hadn't heard of any presale or anything. I suppose for an all seated show it doesn't make much difference being in the upper tiers but I would've preferred being a little closer to the stage.

With the postage and currency conversion it's working out to almost €65 - here's hoping it'll be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I got tickets for the London show. I was on ticketmaster and Royal Albert Hall site before 9 and nothing came up at all on ticketmaster and I was number 763 in a queue on Albert Hall site. Eventually I got tickets for the front circle.

Advertisement