Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken wings

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

The blue cheese dip is always terrible. I never got one in Galway made from scratch, and all it is is sour cream, a blue cheese like Roquefort and a squeeze of lemon juice. Instead you get a pot of salad dressing from a jar or some cheap flavoured mayonnaise. Rank!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Was in Dail bar last night, wings are nice but just normal pub wings, nothing special, 6.95e for about 10. The dip that came with them was garlic and herb :(

Hoping Scotty's will be good whenever I get there...

One thing is for sure, you won't be leaving Scotty's hungry. If you order the 'dozen' wings, you will get loads!!
    It's the same in The Cellar Bar if you order the wings as a main course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Yeah I think I chimed in my recommendation for The Cellar Bar (although it's been too long and these things change often. Speaking of, don't bother with the ones at Sheridans. For a time they were excellent but no longer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

One thing is for sure, you won't be leaving Scotty's hungry. If you order the 'dozen' wings, you will get loads!!
    It's the same in The Cellar Bar if you order the wings as a main course :)

True it's a huge portion, €10 for around 20, they're deep fried crispy and taste nice but they're tiny wings with very little meat on them, also the blue cheese is gloopey and not nice. The search for continues for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

You can get decent wings in brasserie on the corner.Good portion and meaty wings. Not spicy though unfortunately kind of a sweet chili sauce. No dip! :eek:

Anyone had the wings in Kellys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

Have been to Sheridans, Scottys, Dail Bar, Sonnys and G Counter, and without any hesitation best wings I've hand are definitely in Sonnys.

Good amount of meat, great taste, big portion, good price 6.95e.

Their blue cheese dip is unremarkable gloop as Ludikrus mentioned, but the wings are tasty.

I'd disagree on Sonny's. The wings were decent but when I went they were pretty dry and sauce wasn't great. Blue cheese only alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Too few people (present company excluded) appreciate just how much a good blue cheese dip adds. The dip offers a cooling tang to counterpoint the hot and spicy Frank's style wings. And little chunks of blue cheese should be in the dip for good measure.

When I make wings at home I use Newman's Ranch and throw in some blue cheese chunks. It's not as good as it should be, but it's usually better than the dips most places try to pass off.

Had the wings in kellys. Quite impressed as they were very nice. Not too saucy as I think they threw them back in the fryer after coating them in the sauce.

Spicy and nice flavour to them. We asked them for a main meal portion instead of a starter which they did for a tenner so not too bad. Blue cheese dip was grand but could've been stronger.

Will def be back for them.

Advertisement