Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new york holiday

Options
  • 25-01-2013 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

hey guys and dolls

i am gonna be going to be heading to new York for a holiday in April. i haven't booked anything yet. i will be heading from shannon. its been years since i have been there. i just need advice about the travel insurance and visa. its years since i have been there. where do i get the insurance and the visa and also do i need to print the flight tickets off the net i will be going with aer lingus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you book online, you'll be given a confirmation number and intinerary (flight times, numbers etc) which will be emailed to you. You have what is called an e-ticket (i.e. not a piece of paper like years ago) which only exists on the airline's computer. All you need to do is print the confirmation page/itinerary for reference and it's always useful to have a copy with you when travelling.

Travel insurance is available in many, many different places and by different companies. Shop around, but remember the cheapest doesn't always be the best when it comes to coverage. You get what you pay for.

Assuming you're travelling on an Irish passport and meet the criteria, you don't need a visa but an ESTA. You apply on line at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

its so stressful booking everything

Advertisement