Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Clonakilty?

Options
  • 25-01-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Well,

I'm trying to organise a stag for my brother, thinking of Clonakilty....I know Inchydoney is close, so we could do some surfing. Any other tips, suggestions on what to do, eat, where to go in that area?

All info greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    edson.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

edson wrote: »
    Well,

I'm trying to organise a stag for my brother, thinking of Clonakilty....I know Inchydoney is close, so we could do some surfing. Any other tips, suggestions on what to do, eat, where to go in that area?

All info greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    edson.
    What time of year, alot of people would go charter boat fishing, heres one from courtmacsherry which i reckon is 20 mins or so away

http://www.courtmacsherryangling.ie/
    Some seriously big fish caught off those boats.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Ya i'd love to go deep sea fishing too, but some of the others wouldn't be up for it, drinking on a boat in the middle of the sea....not their cup of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

edson wrote: »
    Ya i'd love to go deep sea fishing too, but some of the others wouldn't be up for it, drinking on a boat in the middle of the sea....not their cup of tea!
    What time of year ye going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

What time of year ye going ?

Mid April I'd say....wedding at the end of May....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

If driniking during the day then the courtyard is handy to watch a match and have something to eat at the same time.
    Lots of pubs best is probably the beer garden of scannells - the back of which can be reached from the car park behind eurospar where the courtyard is also located. Best for late night is o donovans also known as the venue. Its got a big outdoor area a dance floor with a bar area and a separate bar for those a little older.
    as for activities I wouldnt look past the 2 hour surf lessons in inchadoney. Cheap taxi ride out to it (Most are minibus's). Theres a quad bike place not too far away and kayaking too. Ive not been but check out http://rebeladventures.com/index.php?pageID=9

• Advertisement
Advertisement