Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chippers that take plastic

Options
  • 25-01-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Do any of the chippers in Swords (and other places in NCD) take debit/credit cards?

I try not to carry cash around with me but often when I get off the bus I fancy some chips. The only place i know that'll do chips on a debit card is McDonalds. I like McDs fries but I'd prefer to be able to get some real chips and it's a pain to take out folding money from the ATM just to get something for €2/3.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Would it not be easier to have an emergency €2 chip fund coin:D tucked away in your phone pouch, next to your credit card or on a keyring it would probably be safer than taking out your plastic and typing in your number in a busy chipper, for the sake of €2 it could end up costing you a lot more if someone picks your pocket while you have one hand holding the chips and the other digging in to them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

The new Visa Debit card, has a facility where you just pass the card over the reader, no PIN for transactions up to 10/15E, banks are just rolling out these readers.

Every 10 transactions or so you have to put in a Pin.

Have a look at your card, if it has a Transmitter type logo you are good to go.

Advertisement